CHAPTER 22

Josephine had expected a lot of things, but sitting in an open courtyard at midnight was not one of them. Especially to watch people wrestle. But as more and more people started to appear, Josephine grimly noted exactly how fertile Bellans were. She had never seen so many people in one place. It was frightening.

Apparently, these wrestling matches were the entertainment for Bellayong. She had been surprised at the beautiful dances last night. The dancers were so elegant and unhuman. She had never seen anything like it before.

The warriors were heavily tattooed or scarred, sometimes both. It was both male and female wrestlers. Josephine jumped in surprise as the crowd cheered loudly when a wrestler defeated his opponent.

The Raibs would fight too. She had glanced at Leo all this while. His long black hair was tied in a knot away from his face. The plain leather armor did wonders for his figure. His thighs were so thick and muscular, she doubted they'd be soft. The muscle looked absolutely delicious.

Her viewing of his thighs was interrupted by Rina. Josephine almost scowled at Rina, "What is it?" She demanded.

Rina's delicate nostrils flared, "I am going to see Prince Taiskin unless you have an objection to it."

She sighed, Rina didn't know her love for Leo. "Yes, you may go. Do as you please.

--

Rina stormed away from Josephine. Her sister was nothing but jealous. Jealous that a woman such as herself couldn't find a husband but Rina could. She squared her shoulders and slowed her walking to a casual pace as she neared Taiskin's little tent. She was going to give him a token of her love.

She had accepted the marriage proposal the second Josephine had asked her. Of course, she would say yes. Taiskin was exactly what she wanted. She wanted to subtly tell him that she accepted and that she wanted to marry him.

The entire Bellan royal family sat together under a tent. Rina found it strange that the prince and princesses sat on the carpeted floor. Irene and Rave sat on Taiskin's sides, fanning themselves with lace gold and ivory hand fans.

"Princess Rina." Taiskin's bodyguard greeted her, "Do you wish to talk to the prince?" He was sweaty from his wrestling.

"Yes." She nodded at him. He nodded once and moved to him. He walked over and knelt beside Taiskin. He whispered something in Taiskin's ear and Taiskin looked at her and hastily got up.

"My lady," Taiskin quickly stepped out of the tent. "What brings you here? It's really a pleasure for me to see you." He added quickly.

"I-I accepted." She stammered, suddenly very shy.

"Really?" He rubbed the back of his head, "Thank you, Princess. I promise to treat you like a true queen."

"I wanted to give you a token of my love." She said, "It's a tradition in Thinlin."

"Of course." He blushed.

"There." She thrust it out to him. It was a random ring from her jewelry box.

"Thank you, Princess." He slipped his glove off and put it on. "I will cherish it."

--

Rave and Irene giggled behind their fans at Taiskin's bad attempts at looking wooed. He looked so flustered and it wasn't because of Rina.

"Hanara will rip his balls off." Irene giggled, "Poor Tai."

Hanara was glowering from her seat. Even Bell, the high priestess of Leona was quietly giggling at her.

"Taiskin shouldn't play with the poor girl's heart." Queen Orisa sighed. "It's cruel."

"He needs to marry the girl. We need to get Thinlin under our thumb." Her father said.

"Like father, like son." Rave's mother laughed.

"Are you both saying I don't love you?" Her father asked, faking offense.

"Yes." Both of the queens deadpanned.