CHAPTER 49

Hanara knew she should have been excited for her wedding, after all, she wanted this since she knew what Taiskin truly was. But it didn't feel right. Hanara should be with Leo, helping him heal instead. Here she was, dressing up as the bride under the watchful eye of Queen Orisa.

"You look upset, Hanara." The queen said.

"I am honored to marry Prince Taiskin, your majesty."

"I wasn't thinking of Taiskin." Orisa put her hand on Hanara's shoulder.

Hanara turned red. "Oh." She didn't meet the queen's eyes. Instead, she studied the heavy and long layered diamond necklaces adorning her neck. The bangles that went up to her elbows, and the chain that parted her hair. She was dressed as grandly as any actual princess would be on her wedding day.

"I understand, you are upset with what happened to Leo. You have every right to be. But don't blame everyone for one's actions, Hana." Orisa patted her shoulders.

"I know, your majesty." She nodded.

The queen sighed, "I was once a young woman marrying an omnipotent man, I understand these are not the proper circumstances for you, but we need to think about Bellayong's future first."

"Leo deserves justice, your majesty." Hanara barely managed to say.

"I know. And he will, as well as Rave and everyone who died."

--

Leo hid during Hanara's wedding. There was no other word for it. He hid, locked himself in Rave's chambers, and did not come out. Not that anyone came to look for him. He told the people who needed to know why he didn't come. Rave, Hanara, and Ragnor knew and that was enough.

What he didn't expect was Ragnor coming to him halfway through the wedding celebrations. He was there for him, with food. "I couldn't very well leave you there, all alone."

"You- I- you didn't have to, Ragnor." Leo stumbled up.

"Hush." He handed Leo a plate of food. "I was bored out of my mind anyway. I would rather stay with you, than out there. Just standing there and guarding pies."

Leo chuckled. "I promise I'll be there at the wedding that matters."

"Of course. We need to be there for Rave and Aurilean's wedding." Ragnor sighed.

Leo blushed. "I was thinking about our wedding instead."

"Oh."

--

Rave played with Aurilean's hand under the table as Taiskin and Hanara danced around the hall. She never felt more uncomfortable in her life. She wanted to dance with Aurilean. Her leg was hurting, but the urge to dance was killing her.

"You know, you'll pick the skin right off my hands if you continued." Aurilean laughed.

Rave pulled her hands away. "I am sorry."

"You want to dance, don't you?" Aurilean wrapped his arm around her. "I know you. And your ways."

"You do, but I can't dance." She said. "My leg- it hurts."

"I could carry you?"

"No, I would rather not embarrass myself any more than I already have." Rave shook her head.

"What happened to you isn't an embarrassment, Rave. You were captured." Aurilean squeezed her hand.

"That's it. That's the embarrassing bit." Her voice cracked. "I was hailed as an amazing emissary, and for what? I still failed and it caused so much misery, so much death."

"Rave, stop. You can't control other people's actions." He said.

"That was my job, Aurilean!"

He grabbed her arms and pulled her closer. "Stop blaming yourself. Please."

"I can't." Rave would never forgive herself. "I can't."

--

Hanara gasped as Taiskin dropped her on the bed. Now would come the part where the husband and wife see each other in all their natural glory for the first time. But Hanara was no stranger to Taiskin.

She slowly undid his jacket, then his tunic, then his trousers. She wanted to drag this torture on as long as she could. After all, they had their whole lives together now. They would enjoy themselves again, but this time as husband and wife.

Her plans were ultimately ruined as Taiskin flipped over and started yanking at the strings holding her blouse together. "Taiskin! You'll ruin the dress!"

He pushed her hair back and nipped on her neck. "I can't wait any longer, Hanara." She shivered as he lifted her heavy skirts up. "I will make you balloon up with my brats in no time."