Chapter 76

Later that week, Spencer was sitting in class, counting down the minutes until Toby would pick her up. She had been allowed to take a leave of absence from school for her honeymoon, but she was back to studying hard in hopes of graduating at the end of semester.

As her teacher droned on and on about therapy techniques, all Spencer could think about was how much she wanted to be with Toby, to be at the doctor's office and see their baby for the first time.

So when the class was dismissed, Spencer grabbed her purse and laptop bag and made her way to the front entrance. She spotted Toby in his truck and trotted to him.

She saw the distraught look on his face and immediately expressed her concern.

"Toby," she cupped his face in her palms. "Is everything okay?"

He shook his head. "No everything's fine, it's just," he paused as he put the car into "drive".

"What's going on Toby?" Spencer pressed, growing more and more worried.

"It's Hanna," he finally spit out.

What had happened to Hanna? Did she not make it home okay? Was she charged for shooting Alison?

"She and Travis broke up. I think she needs her friends," Toby continued, and Spencer's mind filled with relief. As tragic as it was, a break up wasn't as bad as some of the things Spencer had thought of.

"Where is she living? Did she move out or did Travis?" Spencer asked, wondering if Toby knew the details.

"She's in a hotel. Sounded to me like Travis wanted to end things all of a sudden."

An idea suddenly struck her.

"What if we let Hanna stay with us? And then once you finish the house in Rockton, she can buy that! There's nothing keeping us apart anymore!" She squealed excitedly.

"It's a good idea. No one is looking at the Rockton house right now. But I think it's a big home for just her." Toby countered.

"We'll figure that out later. But now let's just worry about our appointment, okay?" Spencer sighed. She was worried that she had already lost the baby, but something inside told her that this baby was a fighter.