Chapter 1: Our New Life

Spencer pulled into the three-car garage of her and Toby's cabin. The red leaves cut silhouettes into the pale blue sky, and the cool fall breeze nipped at Spencer through her cream trench-coat. "This is why I love the Midwest," Spencer thought to herself.

It had been two years since she and Toby had moved to Lake Geneva. Wisconsin hadn't been her first choice, but she was glad the couple has chosen to settle down here. She lived for their afternoon walks by the lake and nights spent shopping downtown. And not to mention the seasons, especially fall.

The main reason they moved here was because it wasn't Rosewood. After A had all but physically killed Hanna, the four friends decided to be as far away from each other as possible. They couldn't fight the feeling that one if them were next. Seeing Hanna hurting like that, Spencer knew that the less contact the four had, the better.

And she was right. After Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily had moved to Wisconsin, California, Colorado, and Florida (respectively) A had been unheard of for the past 2 years.

Spencer grabbed her purse from the passenger seat and waltzed through the door.

"Toby, I'm home!" She called into the dark house. There was no reply. She set down her bag on the kitchen table and padded into the hallway.

"Toby?" She called again. But there was no sign of him anywhere. Which was odd, considering he didn't work in Wednesday's. After checking the bedroom and his office, Spencer came to the conclusion that he had gone out for a walk. They lived near the woods, and Spencer and Toby's favorite pastime was to walk through them on the trail he had created.

As Spencer fixed herself a drink, she heard a creak sounding from the back of the house.

"Toby, is that you?" She called. No response was heard.

"Hello?" Spencer squeaked, a slight panic on her voice. She pushed away from the table and walked to the back door.

Standing in the doorway was a man. Wearing a black hoodie.

"This can't be happening. Not again"

{A/N: Hello readers! Hopefully you enjoyed the first chapter! I, myself, live in the Midwest and am extremely excited to write about the culture of the area. Couple that with Pretty Little Liars (and Spoby) and I know it will be a terrific project! Please review, as I live for feedback! I have a few ideas for where I want the story to go, and I'm absolutely ecstatic about writing it! And talk about drama! Is A back? Sign up for notifications on when the next chapter will be released. Then you will find out! Love, Jessalyn }