Chapter 30: Shopping with Emma

After their final meeting with Jarell, their wedding coordinator, Spencer grabbed her purse and sauntered out the door.
"I'll see you later, do you want me to pick up lunch?" She called back to Toby.
"Sure, I'll be working the whole time," he answered.
"Okay, love you!" She blew him a kiss and was out the door.
She navigated through the twists and turns of the road to Emma's house.
Emma, her neighbor, and her girlfriend, Claire, were some of Spencer's best friends. Claire was in Milwaukee for the day, so Spencer was going shopping with Emma.
After picking her up, they sped into downtown Lake Geneva. They parked at one of the meters and walked to Spencer's favorite boutique.
They stepped inside, the familiar scent of patchouli oil greeting their noses. Her favorite saleswoman, Vanessa, rushed up to her, enveloping her in a big hug.
"Spencer! You look beautiful! Do you want me to pick something out for you? What are you shopping for?" She asked enthusiastically.
Spencer gleefully replied,"Sure! And I'm going to a New Years Eve party with my fiancé."
She smiled at Vanessa, showing her the ring.
"Awh!" Vanessa cooed in response. "Okay, I'll go find some stuff for you to try on!"
She and Emma looked around for a while, and Emma picked up a bunch of jewelry and a few shirts.
After a while, Vanessa led Spencer into a dressing room in the back of the store. In the room hung three dresses.
She stripped down and tried in the first one.
The first one was black. The skirt was layered tulle underneath the ruffled top layer. It barely reached past mid thigh. The top half was tight fitting with lace sleeves. There was a cutout on the chest, revealing a small bit of cleavage. She knew Toby would love it.
The second dress was red and slightly longer. The entire dress was tight and had thick straps on the shoulders. It was slightly gathered at the waist, accentuating her curves. Hips or boobs? Spencer wondered.
She tried on the last one. It featured a navy blue chiffon skirt and a gold, sparkly belt. The cream silk bodice had on strap and was lightly pleated. She would need to buy a new bra for this one. Nope.
After deciding on the first dress, she checked out. $78. Ouch. Well, that's what you get for shopping somewhere upscale. She was sure Toby wouldn't mind after seeing her in it.
The two friends made their way out of the shop and decided to check out the new chocolate shop. They walked into a small, empty, white room.
A petite woman appeared from the back. She picked up a plate from off the counter, containing four small pieces of chocolate.
"Raspberry, Mint, Ginger, and Irish Cream," she said, pointing to each piece of chocolate.
Spencer selected the mint, Emma choosing the raspberry. They each took a bite and switched. They giggled as they nodded their heads.
"How much for a box?" Emma asked.
"$4.20 for 2 pieces and $7.80 for 4," the woman responded.
"Damn," Spencer breathed.
"2 4-pieces please!" Emma chirped. "Early wedding gift!" She added with a wink.
They selected their flavors and Emma payed. She handed Spencer her box and Spencer thanked her.
"Girls just wanna have fun, right?" Emma joked.
"And chocolate."
They walked to Jimmy Johns and ordered their sandwiches: a beach club for Spencer and a Vegetarian for Emma. They practically inhaled the food and Spencer ordered Toby a tuna salad sandwich. Gross.
Spencer dropped Emma off at her house before driving to her own.