Chapter 66

Melissa picked them up from the airport the minute they retrieved their bags, and drove them to where their friends were waiting.

Spencer was greeted by a slightly more pregnant Aria, who didn't hesitate to hug her.

"How was the honeymoon, Spence?"

"Does it matter?" Spencer groaned.

She stared up at the large church looming in front of her. She remembered the countless funerals she'd attended here, all of them as meaningless as the last. Except, of course, Alison's.

And Spencer vividly remembered the moment after the funeral where she had received her first A text from none other than Mona Vanderwaal, who had been unheard of since senior year of high school. Rumor has it that she relocated to another country, cutting ties with anyone in Rosewood.

So the sidewalk outside the church was her first stop on the road to taking down A.

"So is Ali out here? Is she going to confront us now?" Hanna asked timidly.

"What? And kill us without the satisfaction of a production? Not a chance," Emily guffawed.

But her presence was there, in the form of a text message, arriving as the girls stepped on the same tile of concrete they had eight years ago.

"Tomorrow, every one of you. Come and find us, it's a date. -A"

"God, it would be so much easier if they just found us," Hanna sighed.

"And where's the fun in that?" Spencer smirked.

"Time to devise a plan," Hanna said. "It includes all of us, even your sister and her husband. And it might involve us killing people."

"You said that with absolutely no tact but you're right," Spencer said.

"I love it when you say that." Hanna smiled, even though she was fully aware of their current- un-smiling- situation.