Chapter 78

"Should we grab something to eat?" Toby asked.

Spencer waved her hand in reply. "We can just have leftov-"

"Let's grab pizza or something!" Hanna interrupted.

Toby took his gaze off of the road to turn to Spencer, who was clearly disappointed that they had to make another stop. She hadn't been home since the morning. After her doctor's appointment, she and Toby sped to the airport to pick up her blond friend. She was beyond tired and pregnancy was already kicking her ass.

"Where to, Spence?" He asked, placing his hand on her thigh.

"Hanna's our guest. Why doesn't she decide?" Spencer replied bitterly.

Hanna sighed. "What gives? My boyfriend kicked me out and this is how you welcome me?"

Spencer turned around to face Hanna in the backseat. "It's not my fault you didn't give me any warning! You could've stayed with Aria and Emily, not someone who is newly married and pregnant and still finishing school!"

"God, I thought you'd be a little more happy to see me! After Toby told you about Travis, you had all but bought me a new house in the area! You even said it'd be fine for me to stay with you for a few weeks until Toby finished building the house!" Hanna yelled.

"I wasn't expecting you to drop everything and get on a plane! You could've given me time to prepare!" Spencer rebutted.

Toby rolled his eyes and pulled the car onto a gravel patch along the road. "Are you two done so we can eat? Because I haven't eaten since noon. And eight hours without food is a bit much."

Spencer slumped into her seat. "Is Next Door Pub okay?"