Chapter 27: Ali meets her fate

Toby remembered the night perfectly. The smell of smoke in the air from a campus bonfire, the way Spencer looked in her graduation gown, the way it felt when he...
It was June 1, Spencer's graduation day as well as Alison's. They had made plans to meet in Spencer's dorm room after the ceremony before they went to dinner. But this wasn't a meeting place as much as a confrontation.
Ali was A. They had found an overwhelming amount of evidence in the past month. Small clues such as the handwriting of the notes and personality similarities, but also big ones. The smell of Alison's handmade vanilla soap on the hoodie. She has certainly been one for physical attacks. She had a team, too. Cece and Jenna. Jenna's motive was against Spencer for taking Toby from her and Aria for killing Shana. Apparently that was enough for her to forgive Alison and join her team.
So they had been behind the attacks the whole time. And that night was the night the girls had decided to confront Ali.
It all started as a perfectly innocent party. Until Alison realized that something was going on. She flat out confirmed that she was the one who had ruined their lives. That she was never really their friends. That she had manipulated them into telling lies and keeping secrets just so Ali could ruin their lives later.
Hanna knew now that she had killed Caleb. She had had enough and decided how this was going to end. In one swift leap, she threw Ali clean through the balcony screen door. She had Ali pinned against the railing and was ready to push her right over.
Until Ali flipped around, a confident smirk spread across her face. She held Hanna by her dress collar, their faves inches apart.
"I've come so close to killing you bitches so many times. I finally got Caleb," she sneered.
Toby realized that he had to take matters into his own hands. He pushed through the crowd around the door, and stepped right behind Alison.
He flipped them around and picked her up.
"This is for Caleb," he growled, angrier than he had ever been. This girl, his girlfriend's best friend, his tormentor for years, had been the one behind this whole game. And it ended now, with him.
He easily threw her off the balcony, into the dark abyss below.