Chapter 110

Toby took one last look at their house before closing the door and shoving the key in his pocket. He wrapped an arm around his wife, currently clad in a gray, wool jacket to contend with the February weather. He kissed the top of her head as he opened the door for her, and climbed in on his own side of the car.
He could sense that Spencer was upset as they drove down their road one last time.
"You alright?" He asked.
"Yeah, fine," Spencer sniffled. "This was our first house, Tobes. Tell me you're not upset."
He smiled. "I'm not upset because this is the next chapter of our lives."
Spencer smiled back and took his hand in hers, as their journey to their new home continued.
-
They arrived at four in the afternoon, and were awake unpacking until ten before they finally settled down in the living room. Luckily, they had unpacked the air mattress and enough blankets to keep them warm. They fell asleep as their heads hit the pillows, falling into a deep sleep.
Spencer slept soundly until three in the morning, when she decided to wander around the empty house. She was scouting the upstairs bedrooms and office when she heard light footsteps behind her.
She hadn't been able to shake the feeling of paranoia ever since her frequent run-ins with A in high school. She knew her fear was irrational, as two familiar hands found themselves on her waist, his nose burrowing into the hollow of her neck.
"Come back to bed," Toby groaned softly.
"I was just exploring," Spencer replied.
"There will be plenty of time for that tomorrow. But right now, come back to bed."
"Alright," she conceded, letting him carry her downstairs back into their new living room.
-
AN: obviously I haven't updated in years but it's pretty impossible to find time to write when I'm inspired, or inspiration when I have time to write. My apologies, the chapters keep getting worse and worse.