Chapter 62

Spencer awoke in the hotel room the next morning, the entire city outside her window. Well, more specifically, a certain restaurant.

She sat up to get a better look at the bright green building.

"Speedy's," she read, careful to not wake her husband. "Cafeteria, bakery, and deli. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

She felt Toby stir next to her and laid a hand on his bed head.

"Good morning, handsome."

"Mmmm," he groaned. "Good morning, Spence."

"Sleep okay?" She asked.

"Yes, probably the longest I've slept in a while," he answered, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. They had gone to bed the minute they unpacked, roughly ten o'clock. And Spencer's body clock had insisted she get up at eight, and how could she refuse? They had a long day in front of them.

Spencer grabbed her phone off the bedside table and turned it on to the webpage she had been viewing on the plane.

"So we'll go to breakfast at Speedy's," she said pointing out the window. "And the I think we can take a walk to Central Park and hang out there for a while. And then what do you say to checking out some of the places on Columbus Circle for lunch?"

Toby blinked, trying to process the information. "Sure, whatever you want,"

Spencer frowned. "Well what do you want to do?"

"Spence, it's cold outside. It's the northeast in the middle of January. Do you really think spending our entire day outside would be the best? I mean, there are a million things we could do inside this very room."

"Ugh, fine!" Spencer pouted.

"Here, they say marriage is about compromise, so let's practice. We can walk to Central Park, and then take a cab back here and continue our day inside. Sound okay?"

"Can we at least have lunch at Columbus Circle?" Spencer asked, tracing circles on Toby's bare chest.

"Okay, that can be arranged."

Spencer stepped inside the deli, clutching her husband's arm. She was overwhelmed by the selection of pastries, salads, fruits, and deli selections. After milling around for five minutes, she picked up a muffin and a small cup of fruit salad. Toby picked an egg and ham sandwich from the deli and sauntered up to the counter.

"Thirteen dollars, fifty seven cents," the cashier, a middle aged man with an Australian accent, dictated.

Toby grimaced at the price, and Spencer noticed.

"Welcome to New York."

She led him upstairs to the cafeteria and sat down at the bar overlooking the street, which just happened to be Broadway.

"So give me a geography lesson," he said.

"Well, Times Square is that way," she said, indicating the left. "And beyond that is Central Park, the theatre district, and Columbus Circle. Before you get to Times Square, you'll hit the fashion district," she winked.

"Anything else?" Toby asked, amused with his wife's knowledge of the subject.

"Of course! Go to our right, Empire State Building. Oh, and if you keep going past Times Square, and veer a couple streets over, you'll hit Chelsea Piers, which is a must do. Ice skating, parks, lunch on the water, it's magnificent," she bubbled.

"Okay, remember, we have a whole week. Don't worry, we will get to everything on your list," Toby said with a kiss on her head.

As soon as they finalized their breakfast, the walked out of the cafeteria to begin their day.

{AN: So I took a trip to New York last year and fell in love. So they will be doing the things I did. And I ate at Speedy's at least ten times so I had to incorporate that. And I'm kind of lacking logic as they are in New York in January oops. But it's a story so it works. And I know a lot of you want a baby for spoby, but I have everything mapped out and that won't happen until book two. I'm so sorry, but there will be some great stuff in this book too. Until next time my perfect teaders}