Chapter 87

A half hour later, the couple laid in bed, basking in the afterglow of their lovemaking. Spencer's head was lying on Toby's bare chest, her arm and leg draped across his body.

"It's been too long," Spencer sighed happily.

Toby shifted underneath her. "We didn't have much of a choice."

" I don't know how I went through with the 'no-sex policy'" she mimicked, "But I'm glad we did."

Toby tightened his hold around Spencer's waist and planted a kiss on her shoulder. "Me, too. Because now, we have a beautiful baby girl on the way."

He felt her smile against his chest, and couldn't help but feel his heart swell with admiration. It was still hard to believe that they were married, let alone expecting.

Their intimate moment was interrupted by the opening and closing of a door in the kitchen.

"I'm home!" Hanna's familiar voice rang out.

"Shit, she's home!" Spencer screeched. She immediately untangled herself from Toby's grasp and jumped out of bed.

"Calm down, Spence," Toby laughed.

Spencer glared at him, pulling on her underwear and jeans from earlier.

"Where did my shirt go?" she asked.

"No idea," Toby chuckled. "It was all a blur-"

"You guys in there?" Hanna sounded at the closed door.

"Um, yeah, just a sec Hanna," Spencer responded.

She hurried to the closet, pulling a new shirt over her head. The second time Hanna knocked, Spencer opened the door.

"Hey, Han. How was your day?" Spencer asked, scratching nervously at the back of her neck.

Hanna snickered. "Not as good as yours, apparently. Nice hickey," she said casually.

Spencer's hand flew to her neck, wanting to conceal the mark her husband had left. She heard Toby laugh in the background.

"Really?" She shouted back into the bedroom. "You couldn't leave it somewhere less obvious?"

"Spencer, calm down. It's not like I think you're some virgin. I think your stomach speaks for itself," Hanna said. "How'd it go today, by the way?"

Spencer started toward the kitchen, Hanna trailing behind. She reached the counter and found her ultrasound picture.

"There she is," Spencer beamed, her embarrassment long forgotten.

Hanna smiled a genuine grin. "Wow, Spence, I-"

At a loss for words, Hanna wrapped her arms around her brunette friend.

"I love you, Spencer," she sighed.

Spencer giggled at her friend's oncoming of emotion.

"Love you, too, Han."