Chapter 83

"So, long time no talk," he said as the car drive along the road to the theater.

Hanna involuntarily rolled her eyes at Noel's sense of indifference. So much had happened since high school, and-seeing how they had never been close before-this entire night was bound to be awkward. So much for not wanting to be a third wheel.

"So, Noel," Spencer started. "I see you've finally found the one."

Kylie blushed as Noel voiced his response. "Well I hope so. That was a damn expensive ring." This comment-much like those Noel was famous for-earned him a slap on the arm from his fiancé.

"I'm just kidding," he justified himself as Kylie planted her lips on his.

Spencer shifted uncomfortably in her seat, suddenly wishing to be teleported to the theater. Of all people, of course she would be stuck with Noel Kahn for the night.

Toby sensed her irritation, resting a hand on her thigh. "You okay?" he muttered.

Spencer shrugged. "Relatively."

After an eternity, the group had arrived at the AMC and ventured inside. They purchased tickets and got in line for concessions, typical movie theater protocol.

Spencer ordered a large popcorn for herself, earning strange looks from her peers.

"All that for you," Kylie laughed.

"Not just for me," Spencer said, resting her hand on her stomach.

"Shut up!" Kylie gasped. "Really?"

Spencer swore she could hear Noel snicker.

"It's not weird, we're married now."

"I'm happy for you!" Kylie chanted. "You'll have to tell me about that later."

They moved out of the line and into the theater, seating themselves in the back. Spencer laid her head on Toby's chest, suddenly feeling exceptionally tired.

Toby twirled her brown curls within his fingers, not quite enthralled with the film. It was a sci-fi, hard to follow, with little comedy and romance. He wasn't surprised in the least when his pregnant wife drifted off to sleep.

A half hour later, Spencer returned to consciousness, needing to use the restroom.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," she whispered to Toby.

"Should I come with?" Toby asked.

Noel stood up, overhearing them. "I'll go with."

Toby glared at him, but his suspicion went unnoticed by Spencer, who proceeded to the atrium, in the care of Noel.

She used the restroom and stepped out, unable to locate where Noel had went. She ventured back towards the theater, down the long hallway. She had reached the end, about to step back into the theater, when two unfamiliar hands grabbed her by the arms.

She gasped upon seeing that Noel had been the one who grabbed her.

"What the hell are you doing? Can I please just get back to the movie?"

"Sure," Noel sneered. "But one thing first."

He snaked his arms around her waist, pushing her against the wall. Her eyes widened as Noel pressed his lips onto hers, her screams muffled. His hands found their way up her skirt, restricting Spencer's frantic kicking.

She squirmed under his grasp, desperate for release. She didn't see how the theater was this empty. No could could see her. Noel had finally gotten a hold on her underwear, attempting to hike them down.

At that moment, Spencer saw what this meant. For her dignity, for her health, for her baby. And that ounce of strength is what motivated her.

With one strong kick, she was free of his grasp, and proceeded to ouch him down. She kept her foot over his chest.

"You tell anyone," he panted. "Hanna's next. And you know I can hurt Toby, too."

"You wouldn't dare, you bastard," Spencer sneered, spitting on his face. She quickly turned around, sprinting into the theater, the darkness acting as her protection.

She hobbled up the stairs, finding Toby. She collapsed into his arms, feeling tears coming on.

"Wh-what happened?" Toby stuttered.

"Can we go?" Spencer asked.

"Um, sure."

Toby notified Hanna, and she reluctantly followed the couple out of the row.

"Um, what the hell?" Kylie whispered in alarm. "You're my ride home. And where's Noel."

"Get your own ride, preferably not with him," Spencer said, taking off.

Finding their way to the parking lot, Noel was nowhere to be seen. Spencer felt partially bad for leaving Kylie, but it seemed logical. She slumped into her seat in the car, and Toby drove away.

"So what happened?" Hanna demanded.

"I'm- not sure how to say it," Spencer mumbled.

"Please, it's not like Noel raped you," Hanna laughed. "Spill!"

With that, Spencer broke down.

"He did?" Toby yelled.

Spencer nodded. "Well, he tried."

It took all of his power not to drive the car off the road. He had made one promise to Spencer, to keep her safe. And he was doing a pretty crappy job of it.
_____
Sucky ending but I'm tired. Leave feedback and votes. Sorry for not updating!