Chapter 20 - Meeting Tyson and the Chariot Race

Percy POV

Timeskip

We were currently playing Dodgeball at Meriwhether College Prep. It was pretty much me, Tyson, and Crystal versus the Laestrygonians. Dan and the mortal students had already gotten out of the game and had ran out to another classroom. 

Tyson was at the forges when everybody betrayed me, so he probably doesn't know anything. 

I was pretty much just toying with them. The monsters were covered with sweat and scars. I finally snapped my fingers, and they disintegrated. 

A few seconds later, Annabeth ran inside the gym. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, the Laestrygonians have been taken care of." I said. 

"Now let's get back to camp."

Crystal and I teleported away. 

After we arrived at camp, Chiron announced that we would have the chariot races later that day. 

When we got back to the Chaos cabin, I asked Fionix and Cyana if they wanted to pull our chariot. They said yes. Apparently they can also turn into different sizes. 

At the chariot race, we saw the other cabin's chariots. They weren't bad, but not good enough to win the race. 

"Begin!" Chiron announced. 

Our chariot took off fast, leaving the others behind in the dust. 

The Hephaestus chariot was starting to catch up, so we slowed down purposely so that we could subdue them. 

One Hephaestus camper pressed a button, and a small cannon shot Greek fire at us. I snapped my fingers, and the fire flew back at the chariot. The campers jumped out of the way before they could be set on fire. 

I snapped my fingers and the wheels of the other chariots disappeared, and the chariots crashed. 

I smirked as we reached the finish line. 

"The winners are Perseus Jackson and Crystal Fox." Chiron announced. Everybody groaned. 

Word Count: 302