CHAPTER 31

Music is loud and we could hear everyone cheering

Music is loud and we could hear everyone cheering. I could feel myself getting nervous about people recognizing me and scared that people like Jason could be here.

Bellamy, Chris and Carlos were walking behind me. They already knew the plan. I walk towards the bar looking for Marcus and Logan.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I recognized Marcus' voice which made me relax and feel nervous at the same time.

"I don't have time to explain," I walk towards him and gave him a hug missing the touch of someone who I know and care about. He wraps his arms around me and he says, "everyone is looking for you. Even Jason."

His words made me feel a knot down my throat. It's been almost a month and I haven't heard about anyone, "Don't tell anyone I was here." I said.

"Is everything going okay?" He asks. I gave him a look which he immediately knew what I meant. "Damon is upstairs." He says.

I gave him one last hug taking in his warm embrace knowing that I will be missing this kind of affection.

"Thank you." I said and gave him a small smile which he returned.

Bellamy and the boys stay in the bar taking some drinks and looking around.

I walk upstairs towards his office. I could hear he was in his office, I knocked once and he immediately said "come in."

I entered his office silently meanwhile he finished his phone call. He didn't look surprised when I entered.

I sit down in front of me.

"If I hear anything about Elijah I will let you know." He says to the person on the phone.

I heard someone talking to him and after that Damon hangs up.

"How's everything going?" He asks me.

I could feel some tears forming but I tried to hold them before they fell. The knot down my throat hurt and I could tell my nose was becoming red.

When he asked me that I could see myself killing the three men.

How they laid in front of me, lifeless.

"Everything is okay. I have been helping him with some of his business." I said.

"This means he trusts you." He asks, "you just have to tell me when and we can start."

"Not yet." I said, "I still need to know a few things but right now I need to warn you about him."

Damon looked at me confused. "Elijah will come this weekend, I don't know what day exactly but you have to take your people away." I say.

"He will kill your men and take every girl who is in here." I continue.

"I knew it was going to happen sooner or later but thank you for telling me even if it meant to risk everything." He says.

"I had too. I can't let more people die." I said. I couldn't imagine myself with Elijah watching how he killed every single one of the people who I knew.

"How is Jason?" I ask. Damon's eyes changed immediately.

Afraid of listening to his answer I knew it wasn't good.

"The same old Jason." He chuckles, "after you left he returned to his gang and started doing what he used to do."

I looked at him confused, "what do you mean?"

"He knows you are with Elijah for a reason but right now he isn't stable. He is going to fights and killing a lot of men." His words made me stay still.

I can't judge him, I am doing the exact same thing but I don't have an important reason but to gain people's trust.

I always kept thinking that leaving will help me save people, but now, I guess I am destroying others.

I can't judge him. People who are part of a mob kill and he is the leader of one and that's what they do. That's what we are all doing.

"No one knows what he is doing but I guess he could have something planned." Damon says. "I know Jason before he met you and he was like this, he kills for a reason not for fun."

I stand up frustrated taking a few deep breaths.

It's Jason's choice and I will never leave him, but I am afraid that something happens to him.

I can't lose him.

"I know about Connor." His words made me stop from moving. "One of my men saw him."

"You can't tell anyone. Not yet." I said scared.

"You have to tell him sooner or later."

"I can't. Not with all this shit happening. How is he going to react when he finds out about everything? About him being in charge of one of the most powerful mob?" I ask even more anxiously, "how will he react when he knows about me?"

"I don't know and we never will until you do it." He says, "Shit like this is hard to get over with but it's better to do it now and feel regret than to never knowing how everything will turn out."

I just keep starting at him. With the hope of someone to come here and tell me everything is over, for someone to help me and finish everything that I have started.

But reality isn't like that. I have to live with what I have caused and fix it on my own.

"You can go back downstairs. I will wait for the call and we will finish this shit right away." He says. I was still thinking about Jason. Feeling scared of what he is capable of doing and things that could happen to him.

"He will be okay." Damon says with a sure tone, "he is one of the best fighters and he knows what he is doing. Trust him."

I nodded trusting his words.

"I need a favor." I say before leaving, "someone came with me and I need you to take him back to Lorenzo and the rest."

"Who?" He asks.

"Bellamy Blake. Octavia's brother, he is a member of Elijah's mob but I trust him. He just wants to get out of this place and leave with Octavia."

"Sure, he can stay here and we will take him with them."

"Thank you." I said and walked out of his office, but before leaving I told him one last thing.

"Make sure everyone stays safe. If something happens you know who to tell and I will come and help you right away."

"I know you will." He says, giving me a small smile.

I turned around ready to leave but when I turned around Chris came running out of nowhere.

"Elijah is here." My heart started beating nonstop afraid of how he will react, "And the leader of the Blackskulls just arrived as well."

Jason.

--------------------