CHAPTER 26

(You can listen to this while reading)

I felt the adrenaline pumping all over my body. I could feel the sweat and my heart beating uncontrollably. I want to stop the hammering in my chest, but there's no way that will happen now.

I don't regret it. My eyes turn to my left looking at the lifeless body and the puddle of blood next to me. As I turn to look in front of me my legs stay put on top of his arms trying to avoid his movement.

I look him in the eye and all I could see is fear. My gun is still placed at his forehead and a lot of thoughts came to my mind.

Should I kill him also?

I remember how Steve pointed his gun at Connor right on the head before he shot him, it happened so fast that I couldn't react.

I blink letting a small tear fall but I knew no one would realize it. They would think it's my sweat but I knew this man knew. He knew I didn't want to do it.

But right now I have to.

At first I was angry with all the thoughts of what all these men have done but in this moment, reality hit me fast.

This is wrong. Everything is wrong.

I look at Elijah and his smirk never left. And again, reasons of why I should do it came to my mind and as always my actions took control.

I pulled the trigger.

His eyes stayed open and as I moved off from him a puddle of blood behind his head began spreading.

My hands were shaking and all that anxiety came all over my body.

I saw everyone cheering but I couldn't hear anything but my thoughts of regret. I clenched my jaw and looked at the gun in my hand. I took a deep breath and a small smile spread into my mouth letting everyone know that I was proud of what I did.

I walked towards him, his arms spread and I felt my body become in contact with his. My body was stiff. I wanted to kill him right away. Torture him and do shit to him because of what he has done and what he made me do.

But part of me says that even if I do that I will never forgive myself of what I am doing and what I just did.

What I did will never leave my mind and not even an act of killing will ever make you feel better.

But right now I don't have a choice, I will live the rest of my life with this emptiness and grief of all my actions.

"I am heading home." I say to him.

"Here," he gives me some keys. "Take my car."

Elijah's smile never left, "You are making me proud."

Before I could say anything I just walked away feeling everyone stare. I could hear cheers and the loud music but also my regretting thoughts. Images of their lifeless bodies laying in front of me because of what I did.

I arrive at the car closing the door and putting on my seat belt and seconds later my body froze.

I just stayed there taking deep breaths feeling the anxiety all over my body. My eyes move to my knuckles looking at the blood covering them.

The blood of the people that I killed.

I could hear my heavy breathing and my opposite hand began scrubbing my knuckles trying to take the blood away. Tears fell down my cheek and all I could hear was my loud sobbing.

As an instinct my hands start punching the wheel trying to release all the stress. I could feel the pain on my knuckles and wrists but I didn't care right now.

"Fuck!" My voice came out loud hearing the pain in my voice. As tears still fell and as my arms felt heavy from my movements. I punch harder screaming my life out.

"Fuck!" My loud words cracked at the end making me cry.

I could feel my body getting tired making me stop and stay still feeling the tears fall from my face.

I am so lost in my own thoughts that I will never get rid of this grief.

-

There was no one in the mansion, only the guards and the girls who cleaned the house and made the food.

I was still in my biker shorts and my crop top, I had my bag on my shoulder and made sure my gun was well hidden in the bag.

As I walk in the hallway I take a look at my knuckles which were still covered in blood as well as my shoes.

As I turned to look at where I was walking a big strong body made me collapse to the floor feeling my back hurt like hell.

"Are you okay?"

Before I could react my body froze completely recognizing his deep voice.

I remember his brown eyes and the way his body was pale and how blood covered him completely. The way he was on top of me as I cried my life out not wanting to lose him.

Connor.

He is dead.

I tried to close my eyes and reopen them thinking this is all in my mind but it wasn't.

His brown eyes locked with mine, my thoughts remembering the feeling of never looking at him again.

"Umm are you okay? Do you need help?"

Snapping out of my thoughts I felt my heart beat faster and my shaky hand made contact with his cold one.

I could feel a knot down my throat and my mind became blank.

I couldn't think straight.

The only thing I could do was hug him tight. I felt my heart sink and many tears beginning to fall down.

"Connor.." A big sobbed escaped my lips as my arms hugged him tighter. At first he didn't do the same but now I felt his heavy arms surround my body.

"How do you know my name?" He says making my body paralyze right in place.

--------------

What do you think about the story so far?

Sorry for any grammar mistakes!