CHAPTER 39

(This are some of his povs from situations that happened in the books)

Connor's POV

As I entered the basement with hopes of getting Rose out of that place. I looked behind me checking to see if someone was still in the hallway but only blood and bodies stayed still with gunshots on their abdomen, forehead, and chest thanks to me.

Right now I don't care about killing all of them, Rose is my first priority.

As I opened the door my eyes immediately found the metallic weapon being pointed at her. The adrenaline and my mind took control of my body as I immediately ran in front of her.

The sound of the gun being fired was heard around the room and instant pain filled my entire body. I could see black spots appear on my vision which made me fall to the floor.

The cold stone below me sent chills and pain around my head, I could feel my breath begin to slow down and as I started closing my eyes, I could hear her scream of agony and her tears falling on my shirt.

"Please don't leave me." Her small cry broke my heart but gave me the strength to open my eyes and look at my little sister one last time not knowing what was going to happen next.

Even though the pain made me wanna scream, the only thing I could do was give her a small smile even if we were both broken.

Even if my lungs hurt because of the grief and my heart ache because of the pain, my only instinct was to smile at her and say, "It's not your fault." My voice came out as a whisper which made me doubt if she heard me. I could feel my body relax and my breath starting to get slow.

With one last look on her eyes I could see the shock and pain they held. They used to be bright brown but now they were dark, lifeless, as if the last bit of hope she had was gone. All the light she held was covered in shadows and darkness.

And all of that because of me.

-

I could feel a small cold hand on top of mine. I couldn't move or say anything and my mind was filled with confusion.

"I don't know if you can listen to me." Her soft voice rang through my head and part of me broke down.

There was a pause between her words. I could feel her doubting something and her small hand locking with mine. I felt her shaking a little knowing the anxiety she was holding.

"I need you. I need you right now Connor. Please promise me something." She gently squeezed my hand, making me want to scream in agony and tell her that I was still here.

"Don't lose hope."

Her words made me want to break everything, to cry, scream, and kill every single person brought to our lives that have caused pain to her. I can't leave her. Not now.

We still have so much to live, to learn and places I want her to visit. But now we have nowhere to go.

The pain in my body was making me break every single time. I can't move, speak, or think straight.

I was paralyzed.

-

Memories came and left every time I heard her voice and felt her small hand next to mine. But now I didn't feel the same ambience I used to have.

I could feel myself moving from my place, my eyes shot open but were blinded by the strong light in front of me.

Many thoughts came in my mind but her name just found its way through it.

Rose.

I looked at my surroundings expecting to see a hospital room but instead I was in a room which had small couches in front. Two big doors and a small balcony.

My body immediately reacted and started moving but horrible pain erupted through my head. I lay back letting the pain vanish.

I could feel a knot down my throat from all the thoughts and memories. I take a deep breath trying to pull myself together not letting it bring me down.

As silence filled the room the door opened slowly and hard steps were heard. I could feel nerves all over my body but I got the courage to look at him straight in the eye.

His eyes were cold and emotionless, he stood straight and proud as he looked at me. He looked pleased, as if he just won a lottery.

"Connor King." His voice is deep and harsh. I used my strength to stand up in front of him as if my head didn't hurt and my legs didn't feel weak.

I didn't speak. I didn't say anything at all. I was in shock. I couldn't put everything straight, I felt as if my life from the past was forgotten.

But I know it isn't.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up and I can see you look the same as always." He says. I clenched my jaw from the rage I was starting to feel. I was afraid of listening to his explanation. I could feel darkness filling my mind just imagining Rose dead.

What if he killed her?

"I can tell you want some explanation." Elijah says.

I just stood there waiting for his words to be spoken. He walked away looking around the room.

"Rose is fine." After that sentence I could feel my body relax. My mind started to get cleared but confusion immediately crossed my mind.

"Why am I here?" My voice sounds sore. The feeling of thirst is killing me but my thoughts can't think straight.

"I need you." He says and went straight to the point, "You and Rose hold so much power. People trust you, they believe in you and that will help me a lot."

"What makes you think we will be part of your mob?" I say.

"Because if you don't, I will kill her." Elijah's words were said emotionless, as if his own daughter didn't matter and only the power she held did.

"I know what you're thinking." He continues, "but that's the only way to get you to be part of my men. Not only you but Black as well. You two love her and I know you will do anything for her as well as she would do anything for you."

"That's how I have you in my control. If you guys don't do what I ask I will kill every single one of you. Even the ones you care about." He stands in front of me proudly with a small smile of satisfaction. "I know that's shitty but it's the only way."

"Only way to what?" My tone sounds deep and angry.

"The only way to control everyone around us. To make people fear us, to get everyone to do what ever the fuck I want. And with you three, I will be unstoppable, I will be feared and respected."

"I already have Rose under my control and Jason will be too after he finds out about Rose."

"Find out what?"

"What she will become." He smirks. I could feel anger and irritation. My anger would come like an inaccessible build up fire, burning me on the way out of my chest. Foggy clouds feel my lungs as I feel them hurt from the agony and grief.

"And what will she become?" I already knew the answer for that but I wanted to hear it from him.

"My personal assassin."

-

I hope this chapter doesn't confuse you, I wanted to put all of his feelings about the situtation were he got shot, got in a coma and woke up.

Sorry for taking so long to post, I will publish the other two chapters later this week!

If you have any questions you can't send me a private message!

Hope you enjoyed it!