CHAPTER 23

Her eyes turn to look at mine as we both stare at each other. Her chest was moving up and down and I could tell her hands were shaking, but her expressions stayed neutral.

She didn't want to show what she was feeling. I could tell right away. I could see her face turn from anger to regret but it immediately changed.

I felt the burning sensation on my arm making me grunt in pain. I fell to my knees trying to stop the pain from where she shot me.

I looked back at her but she was gone.

Gunshots were being fired but the car was bulletproof.

My eyes shut trying to relax my body.

I look at my arm realizing it isn't bleeding that bad. She knew.

My mind had many thoughts going on but with my arm bleeding, it wasn't helping at all.

I stand up slowly heading to my car. I could hear everyone talking about what just happened, until I heard him speak, "I knew it. That bitch betrayed us, she will get us all killed."

With those words my body moved towards Jones and with my other arm I punched him right in the jaw making him fall.

"Call her like that again and I will put a bullet through your head." My voice sounds powerful, the way everyone stayed silent after I spoke made me feel proud of how I make others feel.

Making them fear me.

"At least no one died so thank her for that." I yelled. I opened the car and sat down taking a deep breath putting everything together from what just happened a few minutes ago.

"She has everything sorted out." Damon came towards me, his shoulder is against the door and he just stares at my arm.

"No one will believe me." I sighed in pain, "People will think she is a traitor."

"No they won't." He says, "Before she left yesterday she told me to give you this."

He hands me a letter which I could tell she wrote.

I read it carefully, processing what I just read.

She made me in charge of the Kings.

She knew that two gangs together can become powerful and knowing that my own mob and hers will work together perfectly we can easily end many.

"She was going to tell you." He says.

Everyone went to their cars except from Damon.

"She planned everything but we don't know what she wants to accomplish." He says, "I know she can't leave everything behind and be part of him."

She has become really strong this past year. Going back to a place where almost everyone around her has done the same to other girls isn't easy. She is doing this for a purpose, and I trust her decision.

-

Rose's POV

"I thought we were staying back there." I said. I felt a knot down my throat making me feel anxious, scared, nervous. But I know I can't be how I used to be.

I need to become what he wants me to be.

"I can't risk other people attacking us." He says. His jaw clenched and unclenched, he is a very built man to be almost in his fifties. I could see how much control he has over people which I am afraid of how much of that control he will have over me.

We drove for hours not knowing where we were. I didn't know this place, the building disappeared and many trees started to appear. I knew trying to memorize this place would be impossible.