CHAPTER 27

I moved from his hold and his brown eyes made contact with mine. I stay there looking at him trying to figure out what is happening right now. Trying to analyze this moment.

"You are Elijah's daughter right?"

As I tried to put everything together the only thing that came to my mind was replying to him normally as if the pain I was feeling wasn't there.

"Yes I am. My name is Rose." I could see myself right away.

My nose red as well as my cheeks, my eyes swollen from the crying and a girl standing there confused by her encounters.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled, shaking my hand. "Do you want me to help you clean your knuckles?"

As I felt my anxiety take control of my body when I felt my hand make contact with his I immediately relaxed.

"Su-re" My words came out in a stutter and we both walked down the hall towards my room.

I drop my backpack and stand there looking at his movements closely. I close my eyes, shutting them hard. Maybe this Is all a dream, maybe I am knocked down on the floor and I lost the fight. But as I opened them reality hit me right away.

He walks towards the bathroom taking the kit with all the bandages and alcohol. I stood there looking at him shook.

"Are you okay?" He stands in front of me looking at my expressions.

As my mind tells me to do something I do otherwise, I stay silent.

I only sat down in bed smiling at him nicely. He kneels in front of me grabbing my hand and cleaning my knuckles. As I stare I remember the time I did the same to him.

"Come on sit down."

He grunts in annoyance and walks towards me. As music is playing I stand there looking at his bloody hand.

"You can't be doing this all the time." I said grabbing the alcohol and the bandages. He sits in front of me just looking at his hand.

"I don't have a choice." His words made me analyze what he just said.

"I am doing this to help other people." He says. I could feel his words coming out soft as if he regrets his actions.

I kneel in front of him grabbing his hand cleaning him up realizing his hand isn't hurt.

He had blood from someone else.

I stare at him waiting for some answers but the way his expressions show I could tell he caused something bad.

As a fourteen year old girl I can't imagine my sixteen year old brother doing something like this.

Capable of hurting someone badly, but right now in the position he is, I won't judge.

He is my brother.

He can do bad things but still I wouldn't be capable of staying away from Connor or getting mad at his actions.

"You are more important. I don't care about the other person." I say cleaning the blood from the man he hurt.

"People will always do bad things, you can't change the way they are." He says.

I stay silent.

I grab his hand softly. His eyes met mine and I could see a small tear falling down his cheek.

"You will never hear me say that you, the real you, is anything but good." I say. "Even after bad moments I will never stop loving you."

As my mind clears from the past I could feel myself tearing up. Feeling a knot down my throat wanting to hug him and stay like that forever.

He stopped cleaning and his eyes looked at me closely.

"Want to talk about it?" I know he thinks that we just met but me knowing reality breaks my heart.

A sob escaped my lips and he moved next to me putting his arms around my body. As an instinct I move next to him sobbing my life out.

It was more than crying, it was the kind of desolate sobbing that comes from a person drained of all hope.

"It's okay." He softly whispers.

We just stay there.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close, gently rubbing my arm. Despite the heaviness in my stomach, I sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture.

I am crying in his arms thinking about what we have been through, the day I went to his memorial.

I look at the pictures which I was on most of them. We were hugging each other smiling at the camera.

I felt my heart aching and for the first time in a very long time, I broke down badly.

It is too much that I can't hold it anymore. My chin trembles and all I could do was scream.

I stand up grabbing the picture of both of us smiling. A loud sob came out of my mouth and tears fell down on the picture.

All my body could do is throw it at the wall, I grab everything, throw it all over the place, pushing the chairs and making them fall, all the papers flying everywhere.

Anger and pain take over my body. His desk flips over making everything fall. And I then fall to my knees sobbing uncontrollably. I hit the floor with my palms screaming like a lunatic. And I finally came to a stop.

My mind remembers the moment he got shot and I just stayed there holding him against me begging to god for him not to take Connor away from my life.

I just sat down on the floor, shocked and paralyzed by everything that happened. His skin pale and covered in his own blood.

The way his eyes made contact with mine and even though the pain he was feeling from being shot they softened looking at mine.

But right now, he is holding me against him, in my mind I am right now in my brother's arms.

But in his mind, I am just a girl he just met.

--------------------