Chapter Twenty-Four: The Morning After

Ben may not have had practical experience having sex with a woman, but he had been tutored for a few years by Owen who had plenty of experience. His brother could be called enthusiastic when it came to pleasing women. The only problem the two of them had on the subject dealt with Owen trying to introduce him to some of his women. His brother just couldn't understand why it was necessary for him to wait until marriage or why he felt as if he belonged to Vivian.

Now that they had shared sex, he knew he had been right to wait. That had been the most beautiful experience of his life. Her response to him was rewarding. She had trusted him and had followed everything he told her to do.

Owen had said that some virgins never reach fulfillment the first time. He was incredibly pleased when he had managed to give her pleasure. He had gone painstakingly slow to make sure he didn't lose control and hurt her. That had been a reward too, because the most she felt was a slight sting when he breached her. Then when they began the sexual dance, she had fully participated and then made the sexiest sounds he'd ever heard when they came at the same time.

When it had happened, a shiver had run through her as she took a death grip on his shoulders, and then she had told him, "I want to do that again."

Her comment warmed his heart. He knew they would be enjoying this often. The way they had cuddled together, with her wrapped in his arms, had been a taste of heaven.

Owen had a theory. Give a woman extraordinary pleasure and she will be a willing bed-mate. He had stressed how important that was.Then he mentioned how tender she would be at first and he'd have to ignore his own desire for her.

When the sun woke him, he watched her sleep for a long time. Her head rested upon his chest as she breathed rhythmically in soft sighs. He rubbed her back loving the softness of her skin. He could tell when she began to wake because her breathing changed. Then he knew the hair on his chest must have tickled her nose because she rubbed it against him, stopped as if remembering she lay with him, and then kissed him before looking up with eyes just clearing from dreams.

"Good morning, husband."

"Good morning, wife. I don't believe either of us moved last night," he said raising his head to kiss her temple.

"You missed," she said grinning.

"Then you should show me how to kiss you each morning."

She rolled to position herself over him and kissed his lips lightly at first, and then she opened her mouth and kissed him as if she wanted to make love again. He wrapped his arm around her and kissed her back. It wasn't easy to remember she should have the day to recover. He already wanted her, but there were other ways to enjoy intimacy.

A tap on the door stopped him from exploring her body. "This better be life or death!" he yelled toward the door.

Owen shouted through the thick wood. "Charlotte is yelling at Radley because she's insisting on going with him to his house, but he doesn't want her there in case his father shows up."

Ben kissed Vivian one more time before rolling her onto her back. He ran his hand over the side of her waist and stood. "Radley should allow Charlotte to handle your father. He would likely run for his life." He said tugging on his robe. When he heard her giggle, he grinned and stepped to the door. "Tell Charlotte to behave or I'll give Radley permission to turn her over his knee." He shut the door right in Owen's face and heard him chuckle.

He grinned at his bride who covered her mouth as she laughed. Damn, he couldn't be bothered with the petty problems right now. "You and I are going to leave for Kendal as soon as we can. I want time alone with you and we will never find that time here."