Chapter 7.

Paul awoke me the next morning at exactly eight in the morning. I was rediculously tired. Especially because right about now in Los Angeles, I'd be sleeping like an angel with Martha by my side.

I sleepily brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and washed my face to awaken me even more. When I finally felt refreshed, I was called downstairs to the kitchen by a demanding Paul McCartney.

"Yes dear?" I asked sarcastically. He just gave me a fake smile and set his cup of coffee down.

"I want to go over a few things before I leave."

I sat at the small table and waited for him to go on. He looked at me.

"I'll be back at five. Jane will be here since we 'ave a date. So, here." He handed me some money. I looked at it strangely.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"I dunno. Go shopping or buy a new dress. Whatever it is you birds do."

I sighed and shrugged. "Alright. Can you um, show me exactly how this works though?"

He chuckled and grabbed the money out of my hands. "Bloody American."

..

I had to admit, I was relieved to not be meeting the others today. Not that I don't want to, it's just I don't know If I'm ready. I mean they still are The Beatles for christs sake.

Paul was buying me out to stay away for a few hours. Just to be gone when Jane arrives. I was fine with this since I was able to do a little sight seeing. It was my first time away from America. Out of California to be honest. I always wanted to travel, I just never thought It'd end up like this.

It was my first, official day in England, so I wanted to make the most of it. I didn't know where exactly he was off to so early in the day. I didn't ask questions. I enjoyed being alone in the big house. It may sound strange but, the loneliness gave me a sort of comfort. It's the only way I knew how to be. Of course, I had Martha. The true love of my life.

..

I was in the middle of getting dressed for the day, slipping on a red simple dress and some matching heels. My hair let down with no makeup. I grabbed the money Paul left me and my purse, practically skipping downstairs. Martha followed, nudging me to come along. I pouted when she cried.

"Aww. I'll be back baby." I leaned down and kissed her. I was showing her some love when there was a knock on the door. I froze and walked to it, debating whether to open it or not. What if it was Jane? What if it was...one of them. We were all bound to bump into each other sooner or later, why not now?

I opened the door and watched as he froze and stared at me.

"Oh um...Hiya." he smiled. I bit my lip.

"Hi. You just missed him..."

"Oh uh...how long ago did he leave?"

"About an hour ago."

"I see. I'm sorry I don't believe we've met." He smiled. I blushed at his kindness.

"I'm Sadie."

"Oh yes. Paul's told me everything. Well, Sadie..I'm Ringo." He extended his hand out to me. I shook it. "But you can call me Richard."

"I know who you are already Ring...I mean Richard. Did he tell the others? Come in yeah?" I moved aside. He walked in and was soon tackled to the ground by an excited Martha. She licked him over and over again. He laughed and petted her.

"And who may this be??"

I smiled. "This is Martha. Paul's inherited her too for the time being."

"Well Martha, It's lovely to meet ye." He stood up and fixed his hair. I giggled and helped him. "As for the answer to your first question, no..the others don't know yet. I suppose he told only me because he trusts me."

I nodded and couldn't help looking into his blue eyes now and then. He was really cute I had to admit. Everyone called Paul the cute one but, I think Ringo deserved that title.

"So um...why did you come by?" I asked.

"Oh yes. I came over to tell him I won't be able to make the meeting. It's usually just one of those things where the other lads meet up and talk lyrics and chords. I usually end up leaving or playin cards with meself." He shrugged.

"Well, I think the drummer should be just as equally involved as the rest."

He blushed and chuckled as my stomach growled loudly.

"Look em, this may sound a bit forward, but...it seems you're in need of some food, a guide and an English friend. What d'you say?" He asked shyly. I smiled and linked my arm with his.

"I'd like that. Can um, Martha come along?"

"The more the merrier." He opened the door, leading us out to a waiting black vehicle.

..........