Chapter 6.

He never came back. From what he told me earlier, I could only guess after the interview, he 'bumped' into his girl and had a little sleepover at hers for the evening.

I took advantage of this and got situated in my room and roamed the place. I figured since I'll be living here for the next painful months, I might as well get aquainted with the place. When it came around eight in the evening, I showered, slipped on some shorts and a long shirt, and made my way downstairs to eat.

Martha followed happily, watching me look through the fridge. Hardly anything. I found some greens and chicken, deciding to make something out of that, throwing my love most of the meat. She appreciated this and licked my leg. I giggled, sitting at the small table to eat.

Looking at the time, I felt a little homesick. Missing Emily, the club, the singing and performing. I wanted to go back. Instead here I am. Alone in a large house, pregnant and dreading the moment that man walks through the front door to carry on with his insults.

..

11:45 pm

Martha laid in my lap, yawning while I sat by the large pool, looking up at the cloudy sky. I sighed and touched my tummy. "I'm doing this for you."

I jumped when I heard a voice behind me. "What are ye doin out here?"

Taking a breath, I looked at him. "Why do you ask? Am I allowed to be out here or should I stay up in that room next time until you come back to set me free?"

He gave me a sarcastic smile and sat next to me. "I didn't bring ye here to ruin your life. I hope you know that. I just need to be sure you're not lying or willing to ruin me."

"I told you already Paul. I have a real life. A family. A job."

"What is it that you do?"

I shook my head. "You mean what I did. I worked at a club."

He nodded. "Doin what?"

I was about to tell him about the gigs. The tips, the singing and guitar playing. Him being mister big shot might just make fun of me...A nobody. Besides, that's my own buisness. My personal life.

"I'm a waitress." I lied.

"Well, those days are over. Look um..Sadie. Despite my attitude, I'm not a bad man. If I ever go to far I'm sorry in advance. I guess in a way, I'm a little scared."

"Of what?"

He shrugged and laughed, shaking his head. "Being a father. I might be shit."

"Paul, why bring me all the way out here if you don't want to be a part of this baby's life? I mean..once you see my stomach growing bigger and finally realise that I am indeed pregnant, will it really change anything?"

"That's the thing. A part of me is hoping it will. Look, I love Jane and that won't change..."

"I understand. I'm not here to ruin your love life Paul. Just understand that. I don't plan on meddling into what you got going for you and expecting anything in return. Once this baby is born, we go our seperate ways. So if I'm going to be here for awhile, you can't treat me the way you are now. I have feelings."

He stayed silent, taking all this in. "I can accept that. It was all just so sudden I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of this."

"Yeah well, I'll be carrying this child so, I think I have more to complain about." I smiled. He laughed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry for being a prick. I just had my guard up. My life is goin through a spiral right now."

Martha sat up and walked over to Paul, licking his cheek again. He smiled and petted her head. I watched as the two just looked at one another.

"Paul?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you leave your number that night?"

He sighed and looked at me. "Cause you were the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen."

I felt my face get hot as he stood up and dusted his jeans off with his hands.

"Good night Sadie. Tomorrow, ye get to meet the others."

I blinked and looked up at him. "The others?"

"Me bandmates. Ye know, the other fab four. Love, love me do and all that rubbish."

I broke a small laugh and stood up as well. "I see. Want to know something frightening?"

"What?"

"We actually had a civilized conversation." I teased. He chuckled and shook his head as we made our way inside.

"Don't push it love. Look em...when ye meet the others just...be cautious yeah?"

"Cautious of what?"

"Lennon." He said shaking his head.

..............