Chapter 39.

"So um, what's the deal with you and this mistress?"

It was eight in the evening as we sat at a table in the dim lighted restaurant. We were in a small corner, near a window that overlooked the beach. He lit a cigarette, taking a long drag before answering.

"No deal. It's just happening."

I poked at my pasta and sighed. "I just don't understand. What brings someone to cheat on someone? To even think it's okay. To think they'll get away with it. You'll get caught eventually."

He laughed and took another drag. "Much of a hyporcrite aren't ye? You were off sleepin with Richard knowing he had a missus."

"He got me pregnant Paul. That ship sailed a long time ago."

"Doesn't mean ye had to open your bed to him."

I stayed silent, just looking down at my plate. He sighed.

"Why are we doing this?"

"It's the truth Paul. It just hurts sometimes."

"Doesn't mean we 'ave to be throwin it in each other's faces. Were supposed to be enjoying the night. Let's enjoy it." He reached over and rested his hand on mine. My eyes met his. "Please." He whispered.

I nodded and gave a small smile. "Let's take a walk."

..

"You don't talk about L.A much. How was it?" Paul asked, holding his suit jacket in his hands, a beer bottle in another. His tie loosened around his neck. White buttoned shirt untucked. The wind gently blowing through his hair.

"It was....lonely. A normal, lonely life. Martha and I lived about twenty minutes away from moms. I moved out when I was eighteen because of a guy. I never told anyone this but....I was once engaged."

He raised his eyebrows. "What happened?"

I shrugged, holding my sandals in my hands. "We realised we were too young for that kind of commitment. I did love him. But...our lives took a different turn. He was um, drafted into the war. That's the last I heard of him. I don't know if he's dead or alive."

Paul stayed silent, taking a long drink. "I'm sorry. You told me that your father died in the war."

I nodded. "Yeah. Before he left off, we had a party. He was always so cheerful and full of life. Anyways, after the party ended and everyone went to bed, he gave me a present. Something to remember him by. Something to hold onto his memory."

"What was it?" He asked.

I smiled to myself. "I named her Martha."

He chuckled and took his last drink, tossing the bottle in a trash bin nearby. He reached for my hand and held it. Our fingers intertwining.

"I suppose I'm boring you with my life story." I laughed. We stopped walking, just standing in front of one another.

"That's impossible. It's just...nevermind."

"Come on. Tell me."

He looked at me and shrugged. "I dunno. We all have these one night stands, not gettin to know  a girl. One fuck, one moment. Then it's goodbye and off with our own lives. It never really comes to my mind that these women have real lives. Deal with everyday subjects, have jobs."

I nodded and pulled his hand for us to continue walking.

"I'm not going back to L.A."

He stopped me and pulled me with him. "What?? Where are you goin then??"

I could hear the panic and urgency in his voice.

"I can't tell you Paul."

"Sadie..."

"Paul. You'll be fine without me. Maybe now you'll have one less girl to worry about and can resume a healthy relationship with Jane."

He stayed silent. I stroked the side of his face and nudged him by the chin to meet my gaze. "Come on. Take me upstairs." I whispered. He nodded and grabbed my hand tighter, leading the way back to the hotel.

...

"Nnnfff"

"mmmm"

"Oh Paul..." I moaned softly while he kissed my neck. His hands roaming my body as he hovered over me. He tugged on my dress, pulling back as I sat up on the bed, unzipping the back of it. He unbuttoned his shirt and shrugged out of it. Our clothes soon disappearing off our bodies as they landed on the floor. He leaned in and kissed me roughly, nibbling on my bottom lip. I moaned as his hands reached for the waistband of my underwear and pulled. I layed back, lifting my legs up as he pulled them off, tossing them with the pile of our clothes. I giggled as he grabbed my leg, slowly kissing up and down. Our eyes connected the entire time. 

"I've always wanted you." He whispered. I bit my lip and moved a hand between my legs. 

"Then have me." 

He put my leg down and leaned over, kissing me again. I moved a hand into his hair and tugged as he entered. We both let out a heavy sigh, enjoying the others warmth. My body tingling with excitement. I turned my head and noticed the mirror across the room. Watching the entire scene. His body moving back and forth as he moved in an out. My legs around his waist. He saw what I was looking at and chuckled.

"Ye like watching huh?"

I turned to him and . "Shut up and fuck me."

He laughed and leaned down, moving his lips on mine. I moaned louder as his thrusts began to quicken. The bed began to vibrate suddenly, making the sensation even more exhilerating. I leaned my head back and cried out. He was panting and breathing heavily into the curve of my neck as I scratched his back, my orgasm taking over my body. I trembled and tighted my legs around his waist, bringing him in deeper as he came. My name slipping out of his mouth as he slowed down. His chest rising and falling quickly as he fell back beside me. I moved into his arms just as the bed stopped vibrating. We both laughed breathlessly.

He stroked my hair and moved an arm around me. Being this close to him made me realise how much I was going to miss him. How I was a fool to hide my feelings. How....I really do love him.

We just layed in silence, letting our minds come down from their cloud nine. Paul sat up and grabbed the bottle of champagne that was in a small ice bucket.

"How did that get in here??" I asked.

"I had it sent up while we were out." He smiled, handing me a glass. I giggled.

"I guess a small drink won't do any harm."

"No harm at all. To a Happy Birthday. And...goodbyes."

I watched him stare off in silence. I stroked the side of his face and brought him back to me.

"To forbidden love." I whispered. He leaned in gave me a soft kiss. It was only for a few seconds. But the emotion and sadness will always stick forever.

................