Chapter 22.

"Because the world is round it turns me on
Because the world is round...aaaaaahhhhhh
Because the wind is high it blows my mind
Because the wind is high...aaaaaaaahhhh
Love is all, love is new
Love is all, love is you
Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry
Because the sky is blue...aaaaaaaahhhh."

I opened my eyes, letting my voice fade into the cool, evening air. The light breeze making my hair fly in the wind. Paul just stared at me, cigarette between his lips.

"So Beautiful." He whispered.

I couldn't help blushing, looking down to close my journal. "I um..we should go inside. It's getting late."

He nodded and helped me up. We were close. Our faces inches apart. I gave a small smile and made my way inside to the living room. Martha was napping on the floor. I sighed and watched Paul walk inside, setting his guitar down along with our cups.

"Sadie?"

"Hmm?"

He walked over to me and sighed. "I need to tell ye somethin."

"Sure. Go ahead." I smiled. He pulled me by the arm to sit on the sofa beside him.

"Last night....when you were taken to the hospital. When I showed up I didn't know what to think. I was so scared and worried about the baby. To be honest, I was afraid you were dead. You looked terrible. Lifeless and covered in bandages and tubes all over your body. They told me that bloke raped you. The two men who found you couldn't believe what happened. Your clothes ripped. No underwear or anything. All you wanted was help and...I couldn't do anything."

I watched as his voice broke. Eyes full of tears. My hand moving over his as he looked at me.

"You're such a beautiful woman Sadie. And I use the fact your pregnant to keep you here. It's clear this isn't working. All being here has gotten you into is trouble. You've been hurting. I've been cold to you and pushed you as far as wanting to kill yourself. I never wanted that. I admit, I'm a bastard and a fuckin show off. I guess what I'm trying to say is...here."

He grabbed an envelope out of his pocket and put it into my lap. Getting up and leaving the room, he gave me some privacy. I opened it and felt a little hurt. A plane ticket to San Francisco. Tomorrow morning.

All of this has finally settled in him. He realised all the wrong things. How much I really needed someone. The hurt. The pain. The loneliness. How his bitter attitude and harsh words have really stuck with me. He blamed himself for what happened last night. It wasn't his fault....what am I doing? Since I arrived here, all I wanted was to move back. Go home and be a single mother. But now....things are different. What would he do if I chose to stay?

I could hear the faint sound of the water running from the shower. My stomach getting small flutters. Standing up, I set the plane ticket down and made my way to the bathroom. The steam in the air making my skin damp. I unbuttoned my dress and let it slip off. I unhooked my bra and pulled down my underwear, quietly getting inside the shower with him. He turned around and froze when he saw me. His eyes looking up and down my naked body.

"Sadie what...."

"I'm not going anywhere Paul. I'm staying." I grabbed his hand and placed it over my stomach. He pulled me in closer and held me against his body.

"Sadie.." he began. I pressed a finger over his lips and soon replaced it with my own. He cupped my face into his hands and kissed passionatly. Backing me up against the wall, I gasped and moved a hand into his soapy hair. His mouth sucking and nipping at my skin. Hands over my breasts. Our slippery bodies moving against one anothers.

"Paul...."

"Hmm?"

"I think I hear someone at the door."

"What??"

I could hear the knocking getting louder and more eager. "The door Paul. Someone's knocking."

He gave one last kiss and pulled back, letting the water rinse the soap from his body. I couldn't help but to stop and stare. He got out and left me alone to finish.

I smiled to myself and blushed at the thought of what could have happened....or what can still happen.

I hurriedly washed up and got out, drying off and slipping a robe on. I ran my fingers through my damp hair and made my way to the top of the stairs.

"Paul? Who is....it.." I trailed off and closed my robe more when I saw Jane sitting on the sofa. She turned and glared at me.

"You! You're nothing but a dirty liar!" She yelled.

.........