Chapter 34.

"See, this is why I prefer the Rolling Stones. Those Beatles are even more trouble than anyone thinks."

"They're all not that bad Emily. Besides, Richard is taken already. I knew what I was getting myself into."

We were sitting on the sofa, eating cereal out of the box at seven in the evening, watching tv.

"Whatever. He's already expecting a baby. Now he's having another with his wife. Two babies. Two different women. One he'll raise, the other? Forgotten."

I sighed and shrugged. "Life isn't fair sometimes Em. Things just don't go my way because I want it to."

She sat back and moved her hands under her shirt, unhooking and tossing her bra across the room. I laughed as she pulled her shorts off and sat back in her underwear and short top.

"I wish I could do that. I swear my fuckin breasts have grown three sizes since my pregnancy." I yawned.

"Oh come on Sadie. I'm sure Paul appreciates the change." She teased. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"You're such a perv."

She giggled, tossing cereal at me. This started a food fight as we wrestled on the sofa. Martha joined in until there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Emily jumped off the sofa and ran over to answer the door. I looked from behind the sofa as she giggled and walked back into the room with a guy.

"Who's this?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"This is Chris. We met at a bar a few days ago. I let him know where I was staying and so...here  he is."

"What about Marcus??"

"Oh he knows." She giggled.

"Whatever. Just stay in your room and keep out of mine." I said, turning back to the tv.

"G'night Sadie." She said, leaving upstairs. I sighed and looked at Martha, who looked just as confused as me.

"Let's take a walk."

..

It was no later than eight in the evening as I walked along Abbey Road with Martha by my side. The street lights barely lighting the dark road. I noticed a light on in a window as I neared the recording studio. My notion was telling me to go in. But my mind was telling me to keep walking. Curiosity got the best of me and I walked in through the front door, down the long hall.

"Picture yourself on a train in a station
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstyle
The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes"

I slowly approached the large room, listening to the voice as he sang, then stopped. He mumbled to himself, and began again.

"Oh hello." He said when he spotted me. "Sadie yes?"

I nodded. "Yeah um...I'm sorry I should leave."

"D..don't." He said as I turned away. I looked at him and slowly approached. "What brought you by? Ye just missed Paul."

"I was actually just taking a walk when I noticed a light on. My um, sister's staying with me..."

"Ave a bloke in her room?" I chuckled.

"Yeah." I laughed. "She's a bit younger and, the thought of me listening to her having a good time just...weirds me out."

He smiled and shrugged. "Yeah well, me and the missus got's a guest for a few days...maybe weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to keep things down a bit. Knowing her and how loud she tends to be. But then again, I guess I'm that good."

I giggled and walked over, sitting on the bench beside him.

"George he...him and his own missus are goin through a tough time. I try not to get involved but, he's me mate ye know?" He shrugged. "He's stayin at me home."

"I'm sorry to hear. I feel like, Paul and Richard have me so secretive from their lives I...I don't know anything about you all."

"I um, I heard ye moved out of Paul's."

"I did it cause I wanted to. No point being his burden when I don't have to be."

He looked at me and gave a small smile. "You don't seem like the burden type."

I blushed and looked at his notepad, changing the subject.

"So um, what were you singing before I came and interrupted?"

"Ah. It's just a song I put together. It's called Lucy in the sky with Diamonds. My son, Julian came up with the idea. I just happened to act on it."

"Is Lucy a real person?" I asked. He smiled to himself and nodded.

"Yeah. Depends which lad ye ask, it has two different meanings. To my son, it could mean his lady friend he has a crush on, or it can be the little girl he made the drawing about."

"Who's the lady he has a crush on?" I asked. He laughed and shook his head.

"My wife. Look em, I should get goin. She's waitin along with George."

"Oh I'm sorry for keeping you here..."

"No it"s alright." He said standing up. I looked up at him and couldn't help admire his tall frame. He was extremely handsome I had to admit. It was no wonder why he was the Beatle the girls practically dropped their panties at.

"Hey a piano." I smiled, standing up and walking over to it.

"Ye play?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. I've always wanted to."

"Maybe I...well, I can teach you. If you'd like."

I smiled and strummed my fingers over the keys. "I'd love that."

"Yeah? I'll see when I'm available and let Paul know when we could meet up." He smiled. I nodded.

"That sounds great. Thanks again."

"You're welcome."

We walked out together in silence until we were out the door 

"Can I give ye a lift back to yours? My missus doesn't let me drive from previous incidents so I usually 'ave someone bring me to and from." He blushed, as we got into a black car.

"Thanks. It's nice to have someone looking after you yeah? I mean...someone who cares."

He nodded and looked out the window. "I don't deserve my wife. I'm hurting her and...she doesn't even know it yet."

I looked at him. I knew what he meant. But I didn't push on. We made our way to my small house in less than five minutes.

"Here I am. G'night John. And um...good luck with George and all."

"Good luck with the sister yeah?" He laughed. I smiled and nodded.

"Right. Bye." I waved, shutting the door. I watched the vehicle leave off down the road. I smiled to myself the entire walk into the warm house. Martha by my side. The sound of moans coming from upstairs making me roll my eyes and grab the headphones, heading to the record player.

.............