Chapter 17.

October 16, 1966

Teasing Paul all week was the best experience I've ever had. Watching him cringe and blush. Run off to the restroom and take extra long showers. It all started that Sunday evening after a long day of shopping. I had gotten a call from Micheal, telling me that the club was going over some renovations, so the place was going to be closed the whole week. This gave me the opportunity to do a little revamping on myself and my bedroom. Hey, Paul was paying for it all. Might as well take advantage.

I excitedly took the new kettle out of its box and set it on the stove. I continued on with dishes, utensils and a new clock just for the room. Paul came home earlier than usual making his way to the kitchen to see my work.

“Whats all of this?” He asked looking around.

"I went out and did a little shopping." I smiled. He looked around and shrugged.

"It looks alright I suppose. Atleast I 'ave dishes now."

He left the room and I quickly followed, watching him toss his coat on the end of the sofa. I pouted and grabbed his arm.

"Didn't you see the coat rack by the door??"

He looked at me with a confused look on his face. "The what??"

"Coat rack." I grabbed his coat and set it on one of the hooks. "See."

He looked at it and crossed his arms. "Ah I see. It'll take some getting used too..."

"I also bought a new rug." I pointed to the living room floor. He looked at it and raised his eyebrows.

"Alright what is all of this?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"Why are ye decorating and tryin to be miss Suzy homemaker?"

"Well If I'm going to be living here for almost a year.....you had no dishes and everything is kinda old. I just wanted to modernize a few things..." I pouted. He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"I see. Thank you Sadie. I didn't mean to sound rude or anythin. I guess 'avin a woman in the this place is still a little foreign to me. Jane has her own place and I usually visit there..."

"I understand Paul." I gave a small smile. He nodded and looked at the clock.

"I'm off to shower. I'll see ye later yeah?"

"Okay. You want tea or anything for when you come out?" I asked as he made his way up the steps. He thought for a few seconds and nodded.

"I'd like that. Sadie?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." He smiled. I blushed and nodded.

"You're welcome."

..

I was in my room, waiting for the water to boil and decided to change into one of the nightgowns I bought earlier at a cute shop. I quickly made my way downstairs to pull the kettle off the burner, instead, bumping into Paul.

"Oof."

He pulled the kettle off the stove calmly and stopped to look me over. My hair just covering my breasts from the see through top, the red panties giving him something to see as I reached over to grab two cups from the top shelf.

"I umm...I should call Jane and tell her goodnight." He said quickly leaving the room. I smiled to myself and fixed ourselves a cup.

..

It was Monday morning when Paul mentioned the band was taking a seven week break from music. He mentioned how John was in his own film, George of course off in India. And Richard just being a family man with the wife and son. Paul, well he was off doin whatever he does. See Jane, write music or sit in the garden, playing his guitar to Martha.

I was watching the morning news in my underwear on the sofa, and snuggling with Martha. Paul walked in and paused.

"Sadie.."

"What? Come on Paul, it's not like you've never seen them before." I stood up, facing him. He stared at my breasts and then at my face.

"There coffee?"

I nodded and sat back down. I couldn't help giggling as Paul came back into the room, sat beside me and caught what was going on in the news. A pregnant, topless woman. A Beatle. And a sheepdog. How life takes twists.

We sat calmly, until I got up and ran to the restroom to puke. Martha sitting in the doorway, watching. Paul moved my hair away from my face and rubbed my back.

"Is there anythin I can do?" He asked after I finished. I brushed my teeth and turned to him.

"You can have this baby for me."

He smiled and stroked the side of my face. I couldn't help blushing. "Richard won't be back until next Tuesday."

"And?"

"I um...I'm just sayin. He told me to tell you."

"I'll miss him."

"I thought you would."

"Paul?"

"Hmm?" He looked into my eyes. I noticed him closing the space between us with his body until it was against mine.

"I think your toast is burning."

He noticed the smell of smoke in the air and ran out of the room. I was getting closer. And he was letting it all happen without hesitation.

...

Two days later

"I miss ye a lot."

"I miss you too Richard. Can't you come back sooner?"

"I'll try. Ye still given McCartney hell?"

I giggled. "I'm getting closer."

"He'll crack soon. With a bird like you runnin around that place, I'm surprised he's kept it in his pants this long."

I was sitting on my bed that Wednesday night, talking to Richard when there was a knock on the door.

"Oh there he is now. I gotta go. G'night Ritchie." I smiled.

"Night love. Kiss Martha for me yeah?"

I giggled. "I will. Bye."

I hung up and gave Martha a kiss on the head.

"Come in!" I yelled. Paul walked in and slowed down his walk when he saw me in just a towel.

"Oh I'm sorry. I can come back..."

"Oh no it's perfectly fine." I patted the empty spot next to me. "What is it you wanted to see me about?"

He sat down and turned to me. I could tell he was shy.

"Sadie...'avin ye around is great. Your company, your spirit and kind gestures. I guess watching you just made me realise how human you are. A beautiful soul."

I blushed. "Thank you Paul. Coming from you, that means a lot."

He chuckled and stood up. "I guess I just wanted to say sorry. For everything. How I treated you and expected you to just adjust to my lifestyle."

"All is forgiven. I guess behind that stern shell is a sweet, loving man huh?" I teased. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't start."

I giggled and stood up, walking over to him. He watched me grab his hand and move it under the towel, onto my stomach. We just looked at each other and soon, he was leaning down, pressing his lips on mine, pulling the towel off my naked body.

.............