Chapter 27.

"So, can I come in?" He smiled. I just nodded and stepped aside so he could move past me.

"Eum...Paul just came in. He's asleep."

"Like hell he is." He stormed upstairs to Paul's room. I hurriedly followed to see what was going to happen next. I knew Paul hated to be awaken when he wasn't ready. And after the way he came in this morning, something was telling me that he was doing other activities other than sleep.

"Come on Paul it's time to get up!" George burst through the door and pulled open the curtains. Paul snoring loudly, making me giggle a bit. I couldn't help noticing Martha beside him sleeping soundly. "When did he get a dog?"
George asked.

"She's mine actually." I scratched the back of my head.

"Paul!" George yelled, making me jump. He groaned and picked his head up off the pillows, turning to us.

"Hmmm? Whaa?"

"Paul, Lennon isn't 'aving it today. He wants us in the studio."

"Just tell him one more day off yeah?"

"No Paul. Now."

"But I'm sleeping. Tell Lennon to fuck off and let his mate sleep yeah?"

"Don't think he won't come 'ere to wake ye up himself. He's done it before ye know. It isn't pretty." George said the last part to me. I watched on.

"Then go get him!" Paul grumbled, puling a pillow over his head. George sighed and shook his head.

I followed George out of the room and was stopped when he turned around, making me bump into him. "I'm sorry. I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm George."

"Sadie." I shook his hand awkwardly.

"Ah. So you're Sadie. Richard's been on about you for quite some time. You are quite pretty."

I blushed and smiled. "Thank you. So, do you know then? About...."

"About Paul gettin ye pregnant and bein a fuckin twat? Yeah. I can only imagine all you must have to endure from him. Most birds get on with him. But that's only because they see him one night and the next, no more. I've known that man most of me life and I know how much of a stubborn arse he can really be."

"He's not that bad. I mean he gets quite pissy sometimes but, he's not that bad to get along with. He's just...gone alot." I shrugged.

"Is that a bad thing?"

I looked at him. "Sometimes. I just feel like a stranger sometimes. I guess he keeps his distance so he won't get attatched. To me or the baby."

"You must feel a bit alone in all of it. Is that why you and Richard have gone on together?"

"Richard's a good man. He cares and asks questions. He gets to know me and enjoys my company. I know it's not for show. I just...I haven't the heart to tell him that when all of this is over..."

I trailed off and stayed silent. George nodded. "Look em...Sadie. I should get going. I can see you really care about Richard...and Paul. It's not wrong to make friends. I just hope you don't string Richard along too much and break his heart. He is me mate you know. And I wont have it if you do."

He turned around and left me standing alone. The sound of the front door opening and closing bringing me back into my own thoughts.

..

I showered, dressed and got ready for lunch with Emily. She called an hour ago to tell me where to meet her.

"Paul I'm going out!" I yelled, fixing my lipstick in the mirror by the front door. No answer. Still sleeping.