18. Is this the end?

I went out of my cave and saw him groaning in pain.

“Daniel?” I asked in disbelief.

What the hell is he doing here?!

“Hey, Tori.” He grunted.

“What? Why? How?”

So many questions were running in my head but were cut off when I heard him groan again. I glanced at Mini, who was busy licking her paw.

“How hard did you bite him?”

She stopped and glanced at me. [I didn’t bite him.]

I raised my brows at her, darting my eyes between Daniel and her.

She rolled her eyes. [When he came near, I got his scent so I knew it was Daniel.]

“So you just acted to be the hero?” I asked her.

[I wanted to be dramatic.] She grinned, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes and watched Daniel, still groaning. “Get up Daniel, I know she didn’t bite you.” I sighed in irritation.

He halted and peeked at me. “You didn’t even check me.”

“She told me herself, so stop acting and get up.” I folded my arms around my chest.

He sighed and muttered something like me having superpowers to talk to animals, but I ignored it and went straight to the point.

“Why are you here?” I fumed.

He dusted his clothes before getting rid of the snow and gazed at me. “I went to your house, but you weren’t there. I called you thousands of times and you didn’t pick up. I should be the one mad here.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

“I didn’t pick up means I don’t want to talk.” I flatly said.

“Why?” He stepped closer. “You left me last night wondering what I did wrong, going MIA on me and now you don’t want to talk?”

“Yes, Daniel I don’t. Besides...” I looked away from him, “... last night was a mistake.”

“I don’t believe this.” He said in disbelief. “Last night was different and I know you felt it too.”

“I felt nothing special, Daniel. It was just sex.” I lied, looking straight into his eyes.

Something flashed across his eyes but was quickly gone.

“Everyone said that you had a frozen heart.” He looked hurt. “Now I know why. You don’t care about others, only yourself.” He scoffed.

“Oh Right! Because you’re the only one here with feeling!” I shouted.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He frowned.

He wants to play dumb now. Fine with me.

“Get the hell out of here and leave me alone!”

“Alone?!” He also started yelling. “That’s what you want to be? Alone?” I opened my mouth, but he beat me to it. “Do you have any f**king idea how worried I was? When I woke up and found you missing?! How worried your brothers got?!” He took another step forward, furiously moving his hands. “But No! You are so selfish that you don’t care about anyone else but you!”

“I am the one who got hurt here and you’re acting like a Saint!” I had enough of this. “I’ve been f**king obsessed over you for years only to get my heartbroken! You knew how much I like you and you just used me!”

“I didn’t use you!” He gaped. “I thought I clarified I like you too.”

“Right. Like me enough to sleep with me.” I mocked.

“What is wrong with you Tori?!” He demanded.

That’s enough.

“I know you slept with Samantha before me, you d**khead!” I accused.

“I didn’t sleep with Samantha! The last time I saw her was with you!” His jaw clenched.

“Don’t you dare lie to my face Daniel, I read your text.” I hissed.

“What text?” His face scrunched.

“The one in which she is clearly inviting you to f**k her!” I snarled. His eyes widened, and he took his phone out checking the message, I guessed. “Yeah, check it yourself like you don’t know.” I snorted.

“Yesterday she kept calling me asking to hang out with her and I told her I wasn’t interested.” I frowned. “She insisted. I told her I was going out with you. That night after dropping you at your grandparents’ house, I went straight home.” He explained.

“Then why she’d texted you that?” I raised my eyebrows.

“I don’t know why she texted me this.” He said, turning his phone in front of me. “But if you don’t believe me, you can ask Alice.” He added.

I processed everything thing in my head. I met her today at the store and she asked me about the date and-Shit!

That bit*h texted on purpose!

She saw me with him when we were buying trees together; she knew how jealous I got when they both were talking.

I can’t believe I fell for that!

I glanced at Daniel guiltily. “So you didn’t...”

“No, I didn’t.” He confirmed. “But I’m disappointed that you even thought I would do something like that to you.” I ducked my head in embarrassment. “I know what I felt last night was something strong, but it wasn’t strong enough since...” I glanced at him, “...it took only one f**king text for you to lose trust.” He slowly stepped back, shaking his head.

“I-I got scared okay!” I stuttered, “One moment everything is fine, and other it isn’t. Everyone leaves me in the end alone.” I whispered the last part.

“You still don’t get it, Tori.” He sighed, running his hands over his face. “You are not alone. You have your brothers and grandparents to take care of you. Alice is there for you always and me.” I stood there tongue-tied, all my anger evaporated. “You are the one who pushes us away.” He whispered and turned around, walking away.

I felt something nudging my leg. [Do you want to die alone?!] Mini growled.

“No,” I whispered, watching him leave.

[Then go after him, bit*h!] She barked. I got out of my trace and ran after Daniel.

This can’t be the end. I can’t let him go because of the stupid misunderstanding I created.

“Daniel wait!” I shouted, running after him. He halted and turned around. I got excited that he stopped but didn’t expect what happened next.

F**k my Luck.

*~*~*~*~*