11. Wonderland

We were lying on my bed like old times and were gossiping when Alice asked me.

“Why didn’t you come all these years?” She asked, looking genuinely curious.

“I... I got settled in Hartford and was busy that I never got the time.” I lied.

Alice narrowed her eyes at me. I knew she caught my lie but said nothing; I thought of changing the topic.

“So, did you like Olivia?” She had a crush on Caleb when we were kids, so I asked it out of curiosity.

“She is beautiful!” She exclaimed.

“And it didn’t bother you that Caleb’s got a fiancée.”

I didn’t know what I’d do if I found Daniel to be a fiancée. I don’t want him to marry anyone else but me.

Geez, I sound like a creeper.

“No.” She shook her head. “If I was still a teenager, than it might have but not now, besides they look so cute together.” She adored them.

“Why? You got over your crush this easily.” I teased her.

I’m still not over.

She nodded, giving me a shy smile. “Yes, because now I’m in love with this amazing guy.” She confessed.

No surprise there. She was always looking for the one and true love thing.

“That’s great Alice.” I beamed. “I’m glad you found the one.”

She smiled. “Now...” She grabbed my hand, “... we are going to my bakery.”

I was so tired and wanted to sleep since I didn’t get more than an hour or two sleep with Daniel beside me. But I couldn’t say no to her, even though we didn’t talk all these years it’s a big thing she still came to meet me. I didn’t want to make her upset, and I also wanted to see her bakery too.

*~*~*~*~*

“Bienvenida a mi país de las maravillas!” Alice exclaimed as soon as we enter her bakery, showing off her Spanish skills.

“WOW!” I was astonished. It was a little shop but gave comfy and lovely vibes, it was decorated in wanna guess?

In Christmas theme!

But aside from that, I was impressed. There were tables set for dining in and the showcase was filled with different mouthwatering cakes.

Yummy.

I was looking around with wide eyes when Alice asked. “You like it?”

I gawked. “Like it?” I open my arms wide. “This is amazing.” I praised.

She giggled her cheeks turned pink. “Thanks.”

Someone behind the counter asked for Alice’s help with something. She excused herself and went inside a room behind the counter while I stayed behind looking at the cakes.

It’s been so long since I had Alice’s cakes, she’s an amazing baker. She literally named her bakery ‘Alice’s wonderland’, which suited it.

I was busy observing the cakes when someone behind me interrupted. “Is that you Mrs. Grinch?”

I knew that voice so well; he was the one who ruined me.

“Tom,” I growled, turning towards him. He looked the same but a little tall... okay, a lot taller than he was before, with a built body.

Is he going to the gym or something?

His smirk widened. “Here to steal Christmas, huh?”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “A naughty boy like you wouldn’t have any benefit from it, so why worry, Tom.” I snarled, crossing my arms.

He laughed. “Did Alice say that?”

I frowned in confusion. “Why would Alice-“

“Babe!” Alice screamed, hugging him. “You didn’t tell me you were coming today?”

What the f**k!

I stood there with my jaw dropped. “He-He’s the guy you are dating?!” I screamed.

They both looked at me. “Yes,” Alice confirmed, blushing.

“But-but you-you... the hell Alice him.“ I pointed at him. “Seriously?!” I yelled.

I didn't have any personal issue with Tom, but he was a known player in high school and he also ruined my reputation.

“I’m standing here,” Tom said deadpan.

“Yes Tori, he is the guy I was talking about.” She repeated.

“Why?” I whispered in defeat.

“We have been dating for a year now.” She blushed again!

“You could do better than him,” I muttered.

Tom was about to say something but was cut off by a familiar voice.

“That’s what I said.” I whirled around and saw Daniel entering the shop.

Even though the last time I saw him was this morning but I still missed him.

“Please stop okay.” Alice groaned.

“I don’t get what you see in him,” Daniel said, standing beside me, eyeing Tom, protective brother mode on.

“I’m happy with him and that’s what’s important,” Alice grunted. “What are you doing here, anyway?”

Daniel glanced at me, smiling. “I’m here for, Tori.” He said, placing his hand over my shoulder.

“Why?” Alice and Tom asked simultaneously, raising their eyebrows.

“That’s for me to know and her to find out.” He answered, keeping his eyes on me while I stood blinking at him.

“You two became friends after one ride?” Alice wondered, tilting her head at which Tom questioned.

“You two hooking up?” Tom asked, making me choke to death.

“No!” I yelled, shrugging Daniel’s hand. I didn’t know if I was imagining it or what, but he looked disappointed for a second.

“Sex is not the only thing in this world, Tom.” Daniel scoffed.

“Okay so, why?“ Alice repeats with a curious tone.

“Because we made a deal.” I blurted, trying to calm my nerves after that awkward moment. They all looked at me weirdly.

What? I told them the truth, didn’t I?

“What. Deal?” Alice narrowed her eyes at Daniel.

“Don’t bother Alice. Why don’t you do your thing, while we...” He grabbed my hand “...do ours.”

He started dragging me but was stopped by Alice.

“Wait!” she screamed and gives me a bag that I didn’t notice she had. “Here. I made these for you.” I stared at it. “It’s your favorite chocolate cupcakes.” She sang, wiggling the bag.

I gasped and took the bag from her, looking inside. “Alice you’re amazing.” I gazed at her, “Marry me.”

That made both boys choked. “Sorry, she’s taken.” Tom grabbed Alice’s shoulder, pulling her towards him, making her giggle.

“I think I prefer Tom marrying her over you.” Daniel looked in thoughts then he shivered like he got some weird picture in his head.

We said goodbyes to them and left the shop towards Daniel’s car. After sitting in it, I asked him where we were going.

“You’ll find out.” He smirked.

Please don’t be so mysterious Daniel, it makes you even hotter.

*~*~*~*~*