8. Kiss?

I had no idea how long I cried. When I finally calmed down, I realized I was in his arms, on his lap, with my head buried in the crook of his neck. I sniffed.

He smells nice.

It felt so good in his arms. Finally, coming to my senses, I moved my head away and kept it down. "I'm sorry." I snorted.

Geez, what a lady I am.

"It's alright." He said putting his fingers under my chin making me lookup. "I know you must have heard this all the time, even so, I'm sorry to hear that." His eyes boring in mine, "Caleb told me about it but never the detail." I nodded, Caleb and Daniel were good friends back in high school.

I put my head on his shoulder and sighed. "I never enjoyed Christmas after that. I hated this season. I know it's stupid but I can't help it whenever winters arrive it brings the memories of my parents back."

He nodded and hugged me tightly; I wrapped my hands around his neck and hugged him back. We stayed like this for a while.

"If you would let me, I can bring that holiday spirit inside you back." He offered.

I frowned and look at him. "What do you mean by that?"

"Spend this Christmas with me and you'll see." He smiled.

Spend an entire Christmas?

With him?

Hell yeah!

"Sure, I'd love to." His grin widened. "But I can't guarantee that it'll work." I grinned.

"Challenge accepted." He smirked.

We stayed like that, looking at each other with stupid smiles on our faces when unexpectedly it felt hot.

Did Mini open a heater or something?

He gazed into my eyes. Suddenly my mouth became dry and I unconsciously licked my lips, which made him look at them. I gulped.

His eyes stayed there and I saw his Adam's apple bobbed. He leaned in, making my breath hitch. My heart throbbed so fast that it might explode any second.

I looked at his lips; they look so soft, pink, and yummy.

He continued leaning his eyes darted between my eyes and lips. When our noses touched, my eyes automatically closed, and I felt his breath on my lips.

Is this happening?

Are we going to kiss?

My dream of marrying him will come true?

When his lips almost touched mine, Mini barked, making us jolt. Our foreheads collided, making us wince in pain. I put my hand on my forehead and rubbed it, glaring at Mini.

Why everyone keeps ruining my wedding?!

[Payback.] She smirked at me and went towards the bed, wiggling her tail.

Bit*h.

I turned my head towards Daniel and saw him blinking at me with wide eyes, his cheeks flushed. He backed away, clearing his throat.

Way to ruin the moment, Mini.

I got off his lap, blushing hard. "I-I should get to sleep." I stuttered without waiting for his reply and went towards the bed.

Awkward.

*~*~*~*~*

I laid wide awake on the bed for about thirty minutes; I think. I glanced at Daniel, who was on the couch, with his arm over his eyes.

Maybe he fell asleep.

Wind blazed outside. The big guy still hasn't returned. I was getting worried now.

"Daniel?" I whispered to see if he was sleeping.

"Hm..." He murmured. Good, he's awake.

"Big guy still hasn't come back, you think he'll be okay in that storm?" I wondered.

"I don't know, but he looked like he knew what he was doing." He removed his arm and looked at me. "And you said it yourself, he is a big guy." He smirked.

Rolling my eyes, I turned towards him; the couch was tiny for him. He looked uncomfortable.

"You don't look comfortable there."

He was the one who suggested that he'll sleep on the couch. Not like that. I would mind sleeping with him on the same bed. It would be the total opposite.

Like a dream coming true.

"Nah I'm okay." He answered, shifting on the couch left and right for a while, and then sat up straight. "Yeah, I'm not." He sighed.

"You can come here and sleep on the bed. It is big enough for us," I suggested, patting the space. Mini was sleeping at the foot of the bed.

He pondered for a while, then sighed again, getting up and walking towards me.

"Don't look so scared, Mini won't bite you." I teased.

"It's not her I'm worried about." He smirked, and my mind went blank.

Wait... What?

I was still in shock when he laid on the other side, leaving a small space between us. I stared at him.

"What?" He asked with his eyes closed.

"Nothing," I murmured, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Then why are you staring at me?"

"Your eyes are closed, you can't tell where I am looking." I scoffed.

"I can feel you staring at me, Tori." He smirked.

"That makes no sense," I muttered.

In a swift motion, he turned on his side, with his face a few inches away from mine.

"It does to me." He whispered in a husky voice.

I gulped and snapped my eyes close, unable to look into his intense gaze. "Go to sleep Daniel, it's getting late." My heart drummed in my chest.

"Is it?" I felt him move close to me, his breath fanning my face. He smells too sweet.

"I should be the one scared here," I muttered, reminding his biting comment.

I felt him smile. "I don't bite Tori... Unless you want me to." His voice amused.

My eyes widened and I looked at his face, which was so close to mine that if I moved a little our lips will meet. I was so near kissing him instead I turned my head burring it in the pillow.

"Stop teasing and go to sleep, Daniel," I screamed into the pillow.

I heard him laugh. "You are the one teasing here." He mumbled to himself. But I heard it and ignored it.

I repeat the entire day in my head. First, I saved that deer's life then met Daniel; we found a weird cabin in the middle of nowhere that belonged to a big scary guy and he left us alone in his cabin in the storm to where no one knows.

I told my parent's accident to Daniel which I told no one and almost kissed.

Now I am lying on the bed with the boy I fell in love with beside me.

Who would have thought that a disastrous day would end in such an amazing way?

*~*~*~*~*