12. Meeting the ex

“Why are we here?” I asked, raising my brow.

Daniel grinned at me and got out of the car. I sat there, looking through the windshield.

The hell we are going to do at a supermarket. He came by my side, opening the passenger door. “We are going to start with the basics.” He extended his hand in front of me. “Come on.”

I placed my hand on his and got out of the car. “Basic? I know how to shop if you can’t tell.” I said, rolling my eyes.

He chuckled. “You need to learn how to have fun.” I was about to say but stopped by him, “and I don’t want to ask your suitors for anything.” He said, dragging me into the shop.

I ducked my head, blushing. Shit! I knew I made a mistake saying that; it wasn’t true at all.

“So...” His eyes twinkled. “Shall we start?” He beamed.

“Fine. What are we even going to do here?” I questioned.

“Not we. You.” I frowned. “You are going to do Christmas shopping while I’ll follow you.”

“And what’s the fun it in.” I raised a brow.

“You’ll see.” He smirked.

We went through the entire store, getting things for Christmas. I never considered shopping as fun, but with Daniel, it was hella fun.

First, we bought some groceries and went to the decoration section. It was filled fill Christmas good; costumes, lights, Santa statues. Daniel kept taking weird things and trying on him. I didn’t say it out loud, but he looked so hot in Santa's clothes.

We bought decorating for Christmas but I was confused why we were getting this many things.

“Why are we buying this stuff again? Your house is already decorated, isn’t it?” I wondered.

“I never said it was for my house.” He replied, smiling.

“Then?”

“Be patient my child and have fun.” He blew sparkle dust at me, making me giggle.

“What the hell, Daniel?!” I laughed, cleaning my face.

“You have a beautiful laugh.” I halted and glanced at him.

Is he? Dare I say, flirting with me?

We stood there gazing at each other, and I was feeling giddy inside. Daniel opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the cashier.

“If you’re done flirting, it’s your turn to pay.” He said on monotone.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He had to ruin my moment!

We paid and went out to his car. The next stop was to buy a Christmas tree.

*~*~*~*~*

We were at Mr. Henry’s barn. Everyone in town came here to buy Christmas trees. There were so many sizes of trees, I always thought that people go for the biggest one, but that wasn’t the case, they were buying every size.

“Why are they buying small ones when they can get big?” I muttered observing people. Christmas was around the corner, so the barn was filled.

“It’s not about the size,” Daniel looked at me, “my grandfather used to tell me you don’t choose the Christmas tree, it chooses you.” He finished smiling.