13. Confessions

I woke up with Mini beside me when someone knocked at my door.

“Come in.” I yawned.

“Hey,” Olivia came in, “I didn’t know you were still sleeping.” She said sheepishly.

“It’s alright, what time is it?” I asked, sitting up straight.

“It’s noon.”

Woah, I slept the whole morning.

“You need something?” I wondered.

“No... It’s just we didn’t get to talk much, so I was thinking if you’d want to go shopping with me and gossiping and all...” she trailed off. I sat there blinking.

“I, eh...”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to.” She rushed.

“No, I’d love to. It’s just I got some plans with Daniel today, so how about tomorrow?” I offered.

“Sure,” she beamed, “I’ll leave then.”

Goodness, she is so sweet; I have no idea how Caleb got this lucky!

After getting ready to go out with Daniel, I went downstairs. Grandpa and my brothers were watching the news while grandma and Olivia were setting the tables.

We had lunch together and talked about Christmas plans. I was telling them about the shopping I did with Daniel when my brother interrupted me.

“Why are you hanging out with him so much?” Caleb asked, narrowing his eyes.

The bell ring and Owen got up to check it.

“It’s none of your business, Caleb.” I hissed.

“I already know about your crush on him, Tori.” My eyes widened at that.

How the hell did he know about it? I never told a single soul.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” I tried to play it cool.

“Pft! Please it’s pretty obvious.” He scoffed.

“No, it isn’t.” I snapped.

“Yes, it is. You’re like an open book.” He smirked.

We continued arguing and my grandparents were silently eating, knowing it was normal for us while Olivia watched us, not knowing what to do.

“Just admit it, Tori.”

“Fine!” I threw my hands up in frustration “I. like Daniel Moore. Any problem with that?!” I screamed, having enough of it.

He smirked at me and darted his eyes behind, making me turn. My eyes widened when I saw Daniel standing there, his face flushed.

“Hi. I uh I’m here to pick you, Tori.” He stuttered, massaging the back of his neck.

Shit! Did he hear me?

Kill me now!

Mini barked, smirking. [Busted!]

I stood up, clearing my throat. “Excuse us, we need places to be,” I said, yanking Mini and ran out of the house, sitting in Daniel’s car.

[What are you doing to do now?] She asked.

“I don’t know.” I groaned, sinking in the seat.

After a while, Daniel came out of my house grinning.

[Why the hell is he grinning?]

“I have no idea.” I watched him getting into his seat.

When he glanced at me, I looked away, not meeting his gaze.