||Chapter XVI: Are You There, God?||

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own Star Wars Rebels nor Star Wars itself and its characters! All of that belongs to Dave Filoni and his team, Lucasfilm, and Disney||

-Third POV-

Ezra was awoken by the sunlight creeping up behind the curtains, as he saw Sabine snuggled up to him. When that happened, he picked up his phone to check the time. The clock on his phone read, '8am'. As he put his phone down, he looked at Sabine and heard her cute light snores. He thought that Sabine looked adorable when she was sleeping and thought about all the times when him and Sabine hung out together. 

Ezra thought about all the times they would walk to school together. They would walk to different classes, gave all sorts of looks and stares to each other, gave hugs. He even thought of all the kisses that Sabine gave to him on the cheek, which was probably once every blue moon before they started dating. 

Sometimes, the guy still couldn't believe that Sabine was his girlfriend. But then memories of Kanan flooded his mind, as he remembered the events that happened on that day. He started to get glassy eyes but he had to stay strong. He felt Sabine stir, as she looked at him.

"Morning, Ezzy." She said, as she smiled and lied her head on his chest.

"Hey Bine, how was your sleep." Ezra said.

"Good." Sabine said, as Ezra smiled.

"That's good. I liked our date last night." Ezra said, as he tucked a streak of her hair behind her ear and she smiled.

"Yeah, same." Sabine said. "Hey, um, random question but do you ever wonder what your future would be like?"

"Yep. After college, I'll try to get myself a job and marry the love of my life. Maybe have a family with her and live out the rest of our days." Ezra explained, as he looked at the girl that was laying beside him.

"I don't think I would want children." Sabine says, breaking the silence between them.

"What? Why?" Ezra asked.

"I don't know. Parenting would seem like it would be hard." Sabine said.

"Wouldn't your Mom and Dad want grandchildren though?" Ezra asked again.

"Hm, you got a good point." Sabine said. "Hey, wanna go back to sleep?"

"Yeah, I am not a morning person." Ezra groaned, as Sabine chuckled and went back to sleep with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanan woke up and saw that he was on big fluffy clouds. He also saw gates in the distance so he got up and ran to those gates. When he arrived, those gates opened. Kanan looked through and saw angels everywhere. 

How could he see these angels? Has he been called to the light? Is he at the Great Blue Yonder? Did he get knocked out so bad that he went into a coma and saw Heaven? Probably so. Kanan thought about his theory but rubbed his hands together ran only to crash into an invisible wall. 

He touched the wall and realized he couldn't go through. Maybe his theory was correct but didn't include the 'going into Heaven' part. As Kanan was thinking, he heard a voice and turned around. When he turned, he saw a large man that seriously towered over him. He tried to see the man's face but there was a bright light that blocked his face.

"God?" Kanan guessingly asked.

"You guessed right, Kanan Syndulla-Jarrus." The big man from upstairs said.

"Wait, am I hallucinating?" Kanan asked himself.

"No, you're actually in Heaven. Well, at its gates really, but let me take you on a little tour above." God said, as Kanan floated up in the sky. 

Kanan had a really good view of Heaven. There were angels, saints, gods, spirits, and ancestors partying and having the time of their life. They were also praising God and his will. Kanan couldn't believe that he was going to Heaven. He then thought about the boys and Hera. What would they do without him?

"Am I going to Heaven?" Kanan asked, as God shook his head.

"No." He said.

"Um, didn't I die in that coma?" Kanan asked.

"Nope. That's what they want you to believe." God said, as he told Kanan to follow him and Kanan obeyed. When they stopped, they saw two rooms in view. Jacen was being hugged by Hera while Sabine and Ezra were cuddling in her room at the mansion.

"Kanan, you have to be there for your children. Be there for Hera, be there for Jacen and especially for Ezra. You're the father that Ezra needs right now and he would go crazy if you didn't go back to him." The wise man said.

Kanan knew that God was telling the truth. He knew that Ezra needed his comfort right now, even after Ezra saw that he almost lost another father of his. Kanan asked why he was still alive and why he went to see Heaven. Though, God didn't really tell him that. 

As God told Kanan how he was still alive, he told him that a familiar black-haired teen went into his hospital room and turned off the heart monitor. When Kanan saw this, he recognized the teen and it was Wedge Antilles. God said that Wedge did it because he wanted revenge on Ezra for getting him expelled and moved to a different school. He also wanted revenge for getting Sabine, even though they broke up. 

Kanan knew what he had to do. He had to go back to his children and wife. He thanked God, as he lied on the clouds below them. Kanan took one last look at Heaven and looked at the bearded man who nodded at him, as he nodded back. When he was done, closed his eyes and was ready for what was about to come next.

||Hey guys, SunnyJay9 here. I'm sorry if you got a notification that said that this chapter was published but it wasn't really ready yet and the next part will be longer. Anyways, I hope to see you guys in the next chapter and remember to stay safe. Peace ✌||

 Peace ✌||