||Chapter XXVII: Awakening||

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own Star Wars Rebels nor Star Wars itself and its characters! All of that belongs to Dave Filoni and his team, Lucasfilm, and Disney||

-Ezra's POV-

I woke up in a white space. I couldn't see anything at the time but when my vision cleared, I was looking at a bright light on the ceiling. I tried to get up but struggled at the same time so I lied back down. I looked around to look for anyone but I was the only one in the room. I saw the remote beside the hospital bed but when I tried to grab it, my arm wouldn't move. 

I tried and tried until I gave up. Why wouldn't my arm move? My other arm could move perfectly but one thought hit my mind. No, no, no, no, it can't be! My arm wasn't moving. So if I connect the dots together, that meant...

"My arm is paralyzed?!" I screamed in horror.

"Temporarily." One nurse said, as he came in the room.

"What do you mean, 'temporarily'?" I asked.

"When you had that accident with Wedge all those months ago, even though he did it on purpose, we had to numb your arm so you wouldn't feel any pain while we took the bullets out of your arm." He explained, as I looked at my arm. "We didn't think that it would last this long, though."

"So how much longer till I could feel my arm again?" I asked the nurse.

"In a few hours, I suppose. I don't really know a specific time so I'll talk to your doctor, just in case." The nurse told me. 

(I really do not know all about anatomy so bear with me)

I was looking for anything that could distract me and the only thing that could was the damn TV! Plus, this paralysis is a freaking nightmare. I turned my head towards the window and saw cars driving by. The sun was smiling and the sky was blue.

Although, I was tired. I don't know how nor why but I turned my head the other way. I wondered how the others were doing. I wanted to see them so bad. All of a sudden, my eyes started to get heavy. I guess I was more tired than I thought. So I lied there and took a nap, wondering when I'll ever get out of the hospital.   

-During The Evening-

I regretted my answer. 

It was '8:01' and I had a desire to get out for awhile. Don't get me wrong, I loved being alive after months of unconsciousness but what about the people I know and love, they don't know that I woke up.

Also, I heard sobbing? My shirt was so wet, it was like a flood went through it, and it was a little dark in the room. The TV was playing softly and the only thing that lit up the room was the lamps in the two corners.

Now about that crying part that I didn't get. I looked over to my side to see Sabine with her struggling to stay awake. I think she was way too tired to recognize me. The sleep kept fighting her back, though. That was until she finally closed her eyes.

I lied there, contemplating on whether to wake her up or not. One part of me wanted me to sit there and listen to her delicate, cute snores. Yet, the other bit wanted me to wake her up after all the time we've spent without each other.