Consequences | FlorDC

Tw: Cheating

"Hey Sunshine? Dear? Where are you? It's almost time for our date!"

DC was walking through the statehouse, trying to find his boyfriend. He hadn't been in his room, and it was almost date time. He was getting worried..

Finally he heard Florida's voice. At last!

DC walked over to..the empty bedroom? Weird..

'He's probably just talking with Louisiana. No need to worry'

DC opened the door

Apparently. He was wrong.

He would have never have guessed this outcome.

No his thoughts had been Florida was dying. Or setting something on fire. Hurricane season. Getting in trouble with Louisiana. Or maybe he had just plain forgotten.

The one thing he wouldn't have guessed, however, was to walk in on Florida making out with Mother Nature.

The shock came first. Maybe he wasn't seeing this clearly? It couldn't be reality, Florida would never..

The state in question finally noticed him, as DC stood frozen by the doorway

Panic filled his face as he jumped off an equally shocked Mother Nature

"DC! Uh...I can explain?"

Anger flooded through him. White hot and burning like California after a gender reveal.
How. Fucking. DARE HE.

His expression of shock quickly morphed into a death glare as he spun on his heal and stormed off, not wanting to hear whatever bullshit excuse Florida would try to feed him.

His anger only grew when he heard the running footsteps behind him. He tried to pick up his pace but he still couldn't escape it.

"DC please! I'm sorry!"

He's sorry? He pictured the way he was kissing her. That didn't look like sorry. Maybe he was just sorry he was caught.

"Please just let me explain!"

He ignored him, speeding up. No explanation was needed. He had seen plenty. He just wanted to get to his room. And away from Florida. And this situation. He needed to think before he did or said anything he regretted.

He'd finally reached his room. Thank god.

"Baby I-"

DC glared at him and slammed the door in his face. The pained look on Florida's face tore at his already broken heart.
But he pushed those feelings down.
If Florida wasn't going to care about him, why should he give a fuck.

The tears he had been holding back started to spill, running down his face with no sign of stopping anytime soon.
DC sank down and sobbed. How could he?! Had this whole thing been a lie...?

His thoughts spiraled down and down and down until there were no more tears to cry.

He lay down to sleep, dreading what tomorrow would bring.

__

DC dragged himself to the meeting, hiding all signs of the night before.
There was no need to worry the others, this didn't involve them. Besides, they had things to do. Personal drama was not one of them.

He felt his rage flare back up watching Florida joke around with others like everything was cool. Like he hadn't done anything wrong.
Squashing that anger, he reminded himself to focus on business, and business only. Anything else at the moment would only get in the way.

Despite all of his shenanigans, and attempts to get DC to talk to him, or even just acknowledge his existence, DC continued to ignore him.
At this point the other states are concerned. Meetings never go by without them interacting..
Did something happen?

__

It was after the meeting, that Florida finally got DC's resolve to break.

"Baby please...talk to me-"

"Don't."

"..what?"

He whipped around, glaring daggers at his former lover answering with as much malice as he could muster. "Don't call me 'baby', because clearly, I'm not."

"She's just a friend! I promise!"

He could feel that same rage from the night building, growing hotter

"Really? 'Just a friend'? I don't think people kiss 'Just a friend' like that!"

"DC-" Florida pleaded. But he didn't want to fucking hear it. He'd already done enough.

"You know what?" DC's lips curled into a smile. One as cold and as cruel as his tone, his shoulders shaking with rage "HOW. COULD YOU. I fucking loved you! You-" he pokes Florida harshly in the chest "Were my whole damn world! And then you decide to pull this?! Did this relationship even mean anything to you?!"

Florida opened and shut his mouth, struggling to explain himself

"..Did I mean anything to you...?"

He scans his face. Florida seems to have given up on answering and instead is just giving him a pitiful look. Like he's the victim here.
DC chuckles

"Wow. Ok. You know I thought you at least loved me. Or cared for me."

"I do!"

"THEN WHY?! Why would you hurt me like this?! If you wanted to be with her talk to me! break up with me! Don't go behind my back!"

He was losing control of his emotions but at this point he didn't care. He didn't care if the whole damn world knew. Fucking let them!
He was vaugely aware he was crying again, that his voice was shaking badly, and he probably looked like a complete mess. But that didn't matter. All he wanted was answers. Answers Florida didn't seem to have.

"I-"

"Why even pester me to talk to you if all you give are bullshit excuses!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry doesn't FUCKING cut it. Not anymore. You've dug your grave, now lie in it.
You know what you are? You're a coward.
Instead of actually talking to me, you snuck around and did this! Well you know what? I'm fucking done with you. If you don't like it, suck it up. You're the one who decided to cheat."

DC didn't give two fucks what he said or did anymore. Florida can deal with the consequences of his actions like everybody else.

"Please....I can't lose you too..."

"You already did the moment you decided to cheat on me."

DC could hear footsteps behind him

"We heard yelling what's going on?"

California stepped into sight, going silent briefly when he spotted DC.

California was in his face in a second, grabbing him by the collar. "Florida what in the actual fuck did you do?!"

Florida looks desperately at Louie for help, but he only furrowed his brow and shook his head.

DC tries to walk away quickly, before the others start to fuss over him, but he's stopped dead in his tracks by Texas.

"Hey... what's wrong...? What happened...?"

DC just glares, barely able to see him through the tears

"Get out of my way before I make you. Please..."

He hates how much his voice trembled, but it seemed to work.
Texas moved out of his way, a concerned look in his eye, and let him storm off past him, and everyone else, to his room for the second time that week.