Please Don't Say You Love Me | Jerstana

Cw: Brief mention of Alcohol

Jersey tugged at the bottom of his shirt, his eyes fixated on the ground. He hated doing this to him, but...it would be better then pretending it was perfect. This would be good for them.

"What are you saying?" Montana's voice wavered, he sounded hurt, and confused, and he was no doubt scanning Jersey's face for any sign he was joking.

God this wasn't helping.

"I just- I just think we need a break, that's all."

The silence that followed, although brief, ate away at Jersey. It was suffocating.

"Ok, ok right. That's.....that's fair."

He made the mistake of looking up, and seeing the sad smile on his boyfriend's face.

Montana paused before he left, moving forward slightly. It looked like he was going to hug him, or give him a small good luck kiss before he left, as he normally did. He wouldn't though, J had ruined that.

Jersey was almost glad he decided against it though, he wouldn't be able to let Monty go if he had.

Desperately holding back tears, he watched ad Montana climbed back into his truck, and started driving away. He was almost able to not cry throughout this whole thing, but the dam broke when Monty leaned out his window, shouting out one last 'I love you!' before he was gone.

Picking up a bottle of the nearest wine, Jersey went inside.

He didn't want to consider what a mistake this might be.