~Title~ | Cali x Florida

I wanted to write angst but I have no ideas

Florida and California were lying on the ground together, on their backs. The TV hummed quietly in the background as they lay there, silent.

Florida was busy staring at the ceiling, studying every little scrape and mark.

A few from when Rhode wanted to be carried around by Alaska. Turns out that was too tall for the ceiling to handle.
A few from when Texas and Oklahoma were having an argument that got particularly bad. A glass had been thrown, and neither will fess up as to who did it. Even with DC going full interrogation mode.
Maybe it wasn't either of them, who knows.
And one black mark, burnt that way from when he and Louie tried to carry a torch around the Statehouse that one time DC left and didn't make it clear who was in charge. The others had argued about it for ages while Florida and Louie danced around with it, watching the flames sway.

He lay there, thoughts idly passing through his brain, until one stuck.

He turned his head to face California.

"Hey Cali"

"Hm? What is it?"

And with the biggest grin of his face, he replied.

"Jelly beans are covered with insect poop"

California was silent for a moment. This was about the time the other state he was with left. Which, I mean, fair, but it sometimes means his questions go unanswered. Which was a bother he really wanted to know about the DC getting stressed one. Not in that way though.

The other state shifted, and Florida was expecting him to get up at that moment. Instead he just turned his head to look at him, an equally big grin on his face.

"You can get Chlamydia from hugging a Koala"

Florida gasped

"I've found my soulmate!"

California giggles. An adorable sound Florida longed to hear more of.

"Yeah.." he said, a fond look on his face.