You are my Sunshine pt.2 because more angst | Florsiana

It had been half an hour since Louisiana was carted off by the paramedics.

Florida was still sitting on the pavement infront of the bench. Not having moved a muscle. All his tears run dry, leaving only a heavy ache in it's place.

'He's dead....he's dead and it's all my fault'

Florida looked up at the sky.
Normally he'd enjoy the view, all those stars scattered about the sky, each in their own little pattern, the moon shining brightly in contrast to the dark night.
But he couldn't bring himself to find an ounce of joy among them
How could it be so beautiful when Louie was dead? It wasn't fair.

'If only I had moved faster..'

Somehow, he managed to pick himself up and drag himself back to the statehouse.

He was vaugely aware of the blood he was still covered in, and the stares it attracted.

Oh so now there were people out.

Finally, he arrived at the statehouse. He goes to open it, hand pausing in the doorknob. As soon as they saw him, they'd know.
They'd know and they'd hate him more then ever

He takes a deep breath, attempting to squash down the anxiety.
Might as well get it all over with now, he'd have to face the music eventually.

He turned the knob and stepped inside, immediately attracting the attention of the others. All eyes on him, all filled with confusion and concern.

It was DC who spoke up first

"..Florida? Why are you covered in blood? What happened where's-..."

DC's eyes widened as he realized

California covers his mouth in shock

"He..he.." he chokes up, unable to finish the sentence. Louie was dead and it was his fault.

"No.." came a faint whisper from Georgia, his previously frozen state breaking into one of grief.

The others were stunned into silence.

California walks over to him. Florida braces himself, thinking the worst.
What he didn't expect, was to find Cali's arms around him, hugging him, comforting him.

"I'm so sorry.." Cali whispered

He almost cried again just at that.

Florida hugs back, tightly, grief and regret flooding through him once again

"I-...I couldn't-"

DC walks over and hugs him as well

Florida sniffs "You'll get blood on your clothes.."

"It's alright.."

"I'm sorry.."

The others, one by one, hugged him as well, some crying silently, others still too shocked to process this

Florida had failed to keep Louie alive....he didn't deserve this...

He looked down at the ground "I'm so sorry..."

Statehouse Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें