Rainy Day | Mass/Mary/Sippi

Written for a friend's birthday

Mississippi woke up to Massachusetts’ hand smacking him right in the face. This was swiftly followed by the realisation his boyfriend had somehow, in the middle of the night, managed to end up lying on top of both him and Maryland. Of course.

Sippi carefully detangled himself from the two of them, and went to go get ready for the day. Today was supposed to be great. Last night the three of them had sat down and planned out a nice park date. The weather was supposed to be sunny, and they really hadn’t gone on an official date in a while so he’d been really looking forward to it.

The second he entered their shared bathroom all that hope was dashed away. It was raining. He could hear the soft patter of it on the roof, that he somehow had not heard from their bedroom. Quietly he snuck out to the hall to confirm, and yes, their perfect day had instead turned out to be rained on. Not even a nice sprinkle either, no it was completely pouring. He went back to finish brushing his teeth, and then gently woke his partners up.

Mass woke up easy with the promise of coffee, but Mary just hid back under the covers. It took a minute, but he was able to get them both semi functioning and awake.

“You know how we were supposed to go to the park today?”

Mary groaned “No please, don’t tell me.”

“It’s raining.”

Mass, bless his heart, just shrugged.

“I mean that doesn’t mean we can’t still go.”

“Mass, mon amour, the rain is going sideways.”

Mass is an idiot who likes rain. An idiot who promptly gets smacked by a pillow and got told as such. He only leaned back towards Mary, putting on his dopiest most lovesick grin.

“Yeah, but I’m you’re idiot, so.”

“Oh my god.”

“Maybe we can do it another time? I mean it doesn’t look like we’re staying outside for a bit.”

Mary nodded, looking disappointed. She’d been very excited for this date, and the opportunity to actually get out of the house. The rain hadn’t been his fault, but still he felt guilty seeing that look.

“I mean there’s still things to do here. I can make us breakfast while y'all decide.”

“Thanks Sippi.”

He could hear them starting to discuss options as he went downstairs to start cooking, and he started cycling breakfast options through his head.

Maybe French Toast?

__

They had started playing Uno. Mass was winning, and Mary was determined not to lose to him again. For the third time in a row. Mass,  being the bastard that he was had been placing down an ungodly amount of plus twos, and fours, but no matter. She would end his reign of error.

Mass stares at her, grinning like he had already won.

“Uno. Your move.”

She places down a series of cards, containing mostly reverses and skips, and ended it with a plus four.

“Red, your turn.”

Mass opened his mouth to let out what was probably something that could make a sailor blush. He was only barely stopped by Sippi, who had sat the last two rounds out, after losing the first one.

“I think I know why this game is banned now.”

Five minutes late, Mass was sulking as Mary put down her winning card.

__

Mass was cuddled up to his partners, watching some dumb horror movie. Something called Hush or whatever. He wasn’t paying attention.

“No don’t- See this is when you pick up a weapon and attack him don’t plead with him-”

He was half tempted to throw popcorn at the screen.

Sippi had already fallen asleep, before the movie even reached halfway. One arm was over his chest, the other on the pillows behind Maryland. Mary had her head on his chest, curled up against his side and holding the popcorn. Mass had ended up with his head on Sippi’s stomach, his arms in Mary’s lap to reach from the bowl.

Mary soon fell asleep, in the last minutes of the movie. When it was over, Mass finds himself the last awake. He shakes his head. Half the time at least one of them fell asleep. Mass crawled off his position, careful as he could to not wake his partners. He picked the covers up off the floor and tucked the pair in and turned off the TV with a soft click. Finally, he got back into bed with them on the other side of Sippi. He wrapped an arm around his middle, head by the crook of his neck. His other hand went to Mary, gently put overtop hers that was now laid on Sippi’s stomach. Wrapped up in the warmth of his lovers, sleep found Mass easily.

A/N: Whoopsie haha yeah I forgot Wattpad existed my bad