I wanna ruin our friendship, we should be lovers instead | Montana x Nevada

Me, an aro writing romance: *Smushes random romance feelings and situations together* Please let this make sense

"Where'd you last remember putting it?"

Nevada glared at his sort of friend and most definitely crush, and chucked a pillow at his head. It hit it's mark without the target being fazed at all.

"If I knew that, Montana, I wouldn't be tearing apart the living room apart now would I."

Montana hums.

"Sorry Princess."

Nevada felt his heart stop for a second. He flung another pillow at Montana, cheeks burning.

"What did I tell you about that!"

The taller state held up his hands in surrender. The pillow hit his chest. He was going to be the death of him.

"Alright, alright, 'm just teasin, sorry."

Nev crossed his arms, sighing dramatically. To indicate he wasn't truly bothered. For some reason he just can't bring himself to be mad at the other state over most things.

"Fineeeee I guess you're forgiven."

Montana smiled, and he felt his stomach do a little flip flop. The other state went back to helping Nevada search. However Nevada did not. His gaze lingered on Montaba a moment more. Today he had his hair tied back in a low ponytail, strands falling out due to the kind of uneven haircut. He wore no hat today and no sweater either. Nevada could practically see the muscles moving under his shirt. Montana wasn't built physically like men in movies, and honestly Nevada prefered that, but he was rather strong and it showed. He wondered what it would be like to be held or carried by-

And suddenly Montana turns and he's looking right in his pretty pretty brown eyes.

"So I was thinking- Vada? Nev. Nevada. Hey."

"Huh?"

"You're starin. Do I got something on me?"

Damn him and his pretty face he got caught- Uh-

"No! No just a uh..fly. By your head." He tried to lean on the back of the chair nonchalantly as he spoke.

Montana raised an eyebrow and Nevada could feel himself getting redder. This is just the most ridiculous crush he's ever had.

"A fly huh?"

"Yep. Definitely."

He was so good at lying why was he being so shit here.

He quickly turned back to searching through the chair he had been previously leaning on, and previously searching through.

"So..you had an idea?"

Montana nodded.

"What if I called your phone."

It's like someone poured cold water into his veins. Oh fuck oh shit no Montana could not call his phone. Why did he even set that as a ringtone for him! He was so stupid- Ok, it's ok, he can just bullshit his way out of this per normal.

"No I don't think we need to do that. Maybe I just left it in my room."

Montana tilted his head, confused. "Why not, we haven't tried it yet."

"Yes but we don't need to. My ringtone volume is like..really loud no need to disturb people."

And of course, bastard that he is, Montana only considered this for the briefest moments before whipping out his phone.

Nevada silently tried to explode him with his mind, watching him tap on Nevada's contact. He changed to silently accepting defeat when the call button was pressed. This is it. He's done for. So long kind of friendship. Hello embarrassment. Montana will hate him for sure. Or just avoid him forever.

A spot on the bookshelf starts buzzing. The ringtone practically blaring out of it.

"I wanna ruin our friendship, we should be lovers instead"

Nevada slowly walks towards the bookshelf, head hung, and declines the call. He will never live this down. Just wait till someone finds out. He looks up at Montana, ready to face the music. If he shall be rejected he shall handle it with grace. Montana just looks confused. A part of his mind says that face is very kissable. Nevada shoves it down. Not the time.

He stared at Montana, posture straight and shoulders squared, waiting.

Montana stated right back, his expressing barely shifting.

And after what felt like the longest time, Montana finally spoke.

"Nice ringtone."

He wanted the floor to just swallow him up.

"What song is it I think I recognize it from somewhere."

....What.

He's pretty sure the shock us showing on his face.

Is..he can't tell if he truely hasn't realized, is just awkward, or is fucking with him.

"Jenny by Studio Killers."

Montana nods and walks off.

Nevada stands there in shock a moment more.

He groans, fleeing to his room and flopping dramatically on his bed. Like Disney princesses do. He groans.

What just happened?!

Part two? 👀