Don't fuck with Gov's states (Kids)

Request by Shay201457

I don't know what happened but cryptid!Gov accidentally got involved here

It was a lovely day out, and several states had mentioned they were going out to a local park. Gov paid no attention to this.

Of course, when it snowballed into most of his states going out to one place, he reluctantly had to go.

States in a small group is one thing, but most of them?? And in public?? That cannot go unsupervised.

__

"What?? Why are you going??"

"Do you even remember Ikea."

"Hey that's not fair! And what about-"

"The list of people I've 'conned' is far less then the list of places you all are banned from. No further discussion."

__

He didn't even want to think about last time. And you probably can get banned from parks! They'd manage too anyway. No it's much too important he be here.

Gov sat in the shade on a hill overlooking the states. He had the perfect vantage point to see any bullshit they try to pull, and bonus, his voice carries when he's here. It was a cool day, and so far, things seemed good.

He vaguely registers one state wandering off to get food. That's alright, they'll be back soon. His gaze drifts back to Florida. The problem child.

__

"Hey Louie you ever get the feeling someone's like..watching you."

Louie catches the Frisbee.

"Yeah Sha, all the time."

Florida nods.

"I just can't shake it."

"Maybe you got a secret admirer."

Louie wiggles his eyebrow at him, flinging the Frisbee far to the left, making Colorado run to go get it.

"You think Louie?"

"I wouldn't be suprised. You're pretty."

"What do you think he looks like?"

Gov makes eye contact with Louisiana. For some reason it looks like he's laughing just from seeing him. Gov adjusts his tie unconsciously. Rude.

"Well- Hm..Dark hair maybe, dark eyes too-"

"You're describing like..at least 12 people dude."

Coco had jogged back in time to hear the secret admirers conversation.

"Yeah Colorado's right what else."

Louie is trying so very hard not to laugh again.

"Maybe he's an asshole."

"Really dude?? Damn-"

"They're probably nice, maybe." Colorado looked up at where Louie was looking, and realization dawned. "Or maybe they're an asshole-" He's trying so very hard not to laugh.

__

Gov is suddenly drawn from making sure Florida doesn't do something drastic by yelling coming from the food trucks. He squints, trying to make out what's going on.

It looks like..well it's definitely one of the states, in an argument with some dude. On further inspection it looks like food that was previously on the state's plate was now in the guy's shirt. Ah, well that explains it. He should probably get down there, make sure it wasn't done on purpose.

He goes down the hill, and out of the shade. Well fuck- immediate regret, it is way to fucking hot out why did he let himself get dragged here. The closer he walks, the more he can see that it's less of an argument, and more of the guy yelling at him while the state- Nebraska- tries his very best to defend himself. He's apologizing, swearing up and down he didn't mean to, and that it was an accident.

Gov can feel his anger flare, how fucking DARE- No- No, not yet. That will get him nowhere.

He counts himself lucky he had to come up from behind the guy, he can just stand right here and he probably won't notice until- Ah there it is.

__

Nebraska sees him, stopping in his desperate defense and going silent. Fuck. He knows that look. Better just to say nothing and hope this gets over with quickly. The man's yelling slows, and then pauses. He's confused. Nebraska is looking over his shoulder, at something behind him, and so he turns, and nearly jumps 10 feet in the air.

A man in a meticulously ironed suit is right behind him. Something seems..off about him, but he's not sure what. His dark eyes flash with something far too quick to make out.

"Can I help you?"

He smiles nervously, feeling anxiety creeping in. Something is wrong and he should run. He tries to shake it off. Why?? He's just a fucking man.

Said man smiles back, it stopps right after his canines. He could've swore it was all sharp teeth for a second.

"Yes. You can leave my friend here alone."

"Or?"

Wrong fucking question apparently. The things expression shifts to one almost like 'I've got you'.

"Or, I make you dissapear into thin air."

Something about his gaze, terrifying and enthralling all at once, made it strike home alot more then just some random nobody that he should be. His blood seems to turn to ice and the voice yelling at him to run is back and louder then ever. He listens.

__

Gov watches the man apologize and back off, seemingly wanting to get the fuck away but trying to act cool about it. And failing.

He straightens his tie, and turns to Nebraska.

"Are you ok?"

Nebraska is glaring at him.

"You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to."

"Stop pulling your creepy shit man."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Nebraska glares for a moment more before breaking out into a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."

Gov puts an arm around his shoulder.

"Anything for you guys, I'm just glad nothing too serious happened today."

Gov paid for new food for Nebraska, since his had been spilled, and they made the walk back to the park. Gov oh so desperately wanted to get back to his shade. The suit aesthetic was not worth the sunny days. He'd already taken off the jacket.

Y'know he really should get around to finding those polo shirts again. God that would be a life saver.

He watched Nebraska sit back down with friends and practically ran back to the shade. Oh sweet relief. What was it now? An hour till they went back? Huh..wow 60 minutes till they go and so far so good. No emergencies or fire or attempted murder or anything.

..Still, he really should check on them.

He quickly scanned the states below. Florida was yelling increasingly louder, asking about a secret admirer? (He pitied whoever that was), while Louie ran away from him, and Coco was on the grass, absolutely dying of laughter. Oklahoma and Texas were surprisingly being civil, California wasn't causing problems, and Kansas and Missouri were just having a chat-

Oh- Oh no they're brawling now. God fucking dammit Gov why's you have to jinx it.

He dragged himself back out of the shade and to deal with this new problem.