That one time Utah almost got murdered

In the last chapter Utah made a threat to Colorado. Well more like a warning in his eyes but yeah and this is why. This is the story of the last crush Utah had.

Also please read AnanaPanini 's part two to the last chapter I never thought I'd cry over Utah

Tw: internalized homophobia, homophobia, specifically Christian homophobia, attempted murder, blood, mentions of self imposed punishment

The night had started out so perfect, a dream come true almost

He was walking with his crush to a bar.

Now Utah didn't retain alot of memories of this man, he had forced himself to forget, as part of his self imposed punishment he had inflicted on himself. He had even forgotten the man's name, and most of what he looked like. Of course, time had helped with this loss of memory, but there was still one night he couldn't forget. That he wouldn't let himself forget, because it had taught him an important lesson.

It was cold, and wet, and dark, but he couldn't be bothered, he was buy the man's side, everything was perfect.

He remembers them entering the bar, with faded green letters on the sign, and no customers. The bartender was a nice girl, someone like he was always told to marry. He didn't pay much attention to her, his eyes were on the man infront of him.

They had a few drinks, talked, laughed, and then the man did something Utah would have been impossible.
He confessed his love for him.

At first Utah had pulled back, saying that he really shouldn't, what would people think?

But the man had grabbed his hands, love in his eyes

"I don't care what they think, run away with me!"

He continued, saying that the church would eventually change his mind, and they never said there was something wrong with a little more then they had now. All lies but Utah had nodded, accepting his offer. He couldn't stop smiling.

He was so naive back then.

Because if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

And in this case, it definitely was.

The next few series of events were blurry, but burned deep into his brain.

A fist had connected with his jaw, suddenly, without warning.

Sharp pain flooded through his face as he fell off his stool, landing on his elbows.

The man was standing over him, holding him up by the shirt.

He's laughing.

"Did you ACTUALLY think I would love you?! You idiot. How DARE you go against us! The church gave you EVERYTHING you have today you ungrateful brat!

He punches him again

"How did we get so unlucky to have such a pathetic personification?!" He spat

Utah started to panic. It dawned on him. He'd been played. It was all a joke.

The man dragged him outside by the hair.
Utah kicked and screamed, but it seems the bartender had gone to the back, unable to hear him. Or maybe she could, and just didn't care.

He was dragged into an alley, the gravel tearing roughly at his skin.
It was there he started to beat him. Punching, kicking, until he was various shades of black and blue.

He broke his bones and ripped out teeth. He clawed at his flesh like he was trying to skin him alive. Utah felt like he was going to die, and he was dimly aware that if this continued, he just might.

"Help.." he managed to squeeze out, choking on blood..his blood...so that's why he felt like he was drowning.

"There's no help for you. I'm going to kill you. Sinners like you shouldn't be allowed to live."

How had it gone so wrong so fast?

He had started to pass out at that point, fading in and out of consciousness.

He remembered flashing red and blue lights. They had hurt his head and were so bright.

At that point the man had stopped, panicked.

He ran off, pausing only to leave him with one warning.

"Let this be a lesson to you, this attraction to me? To guys? It's a sin. And if you don't want to get hurt like this, then never let yourself do this again. You're lucky they can before I could kill you."