| 7 |

disclaimer: i won't write one because im lazy

I stepped out of my car and ran straight towards the hospital, of course, I was late once again. I had already missed have of the pre-rounds and I knew my interns will not be satisfied at all.

I changed and met up with them in the lobby.

"Girls, I know I'm a little late, but at least you've got to sleep in today." I excused myself, and thankfully none of them seemed too much bothered except for the hardcore girl. We went around everything quicker than ever and as soon as we finished I signed them off to their tasks while I went to see if I could scrub in on any surgeries. Luckily for me, the old head of neurosurgery ( aka shadow Derek) gave me a chance.

"Hey..." I greeted Derek and sat down at our now usual lunch table. Derek only grumbled seeing as he was too busy eating his every day salad to properly greet me.

"I heard you just got out of a tumor surgery." Derek's face lit up a little as he asked me this, it was clear he wanted to hear everything about it.

"Yes, the woman is tumor-free, it was epic." I started, digging into my own salad. "The shadow Derek wasn't too bad but he was sweating like a complete pig." I snickered remembering the scene. It almost felt as if he was scared, unsure. But it was also quite funny.

"Shadow Derek?" laughed Derek and I nodded.

"Yeah, he's the one you replaced, I feel sad for him but at the same time I wonder how did he even cut the program here, he looked like he wasn't sure of what he was doing the whole time." I explained, making Derek nod. "What about your patients, anything interesting?"

"Well, there is this man who doesn't want the surgery because of the risk, one of his brain cells is deeply damaged and he has lost the ability to control his hands," Derek said and took a bite of the salad again.

"Oh, but I've read your record on surgeries like these, you've done it multiple times, it's pretty clean, isn't it?" I asked him and he nodded with his head again. "I've assisted a few myself, they aren't that complicated if you know what you're doing."

"Yes, but I can't force the patient into it. Bailey's already onto me, I don't need a patient yelling at me-"

"Wait, how is it with Bailey, what she's saying?" I asked and Derek looked down at his food and then at me.

"She says if I don't stop favoriting her, which I'm not even doing, Bailey's going to make sure Meredith doesn't see the OR for a month," he explained, scoffing. It was clear he was annoyed, who wouldn't be?

"If you're not favouriting her then what's the point of it all, just to make you mad, just to piss the both of you off, it's not her business." it was hard to not be a little irritated with Bailey, but at the same time, I get her point. She doesn't want to hear from the Chief that her intern is together with an attending, she just wants to avoid trouble.

"She thinks I am, you know Bailey."

"Dr. Bailey?" I asked and she turned around. She did look as if she was in a hurry so I decided to be quick. "I know this is not my business but now I have to make it my business because it is my sister, and if you really are thinking about cutting her off, I would like to offer myself to you, I'll do whatever you want just leave my sister out of it."

"Listen, I don't know what complicated kind of relationship you have with her, but you aren't the one who's sleeping with an attending, you are the one who should get out of the mess she's in," Bailey replied and started walking, I followed.

"Yes, but I will not allow my sister to suffer. That is her private life and I assure you that nothing is going on in work, I would know if it had-"

"But it does affect me. Even if you say it's not work-related, it does affect me. Because on a normal day I wouldn't be talking to you about your sister's sex life, it does affect me." On this, as much as I hated to say, Bailey was absolutely right. It did affect her day and her work.

"Yes, I know that. Believe me, when I first heard I wanted to murder Derek. But I would really appreciate it if you try and get past this-" I saw that she was going to interrupt me and yell so I raised my hand in the air. "-Because I really want Meredith to have the best career life, I know how it is when your private life affects your job, it really sucks." I finished. Knowing that Bailey was probably close to throwing things at me I decided to take this opportunity to run away from the scene, hoping to myself that she'll at least consider what I had said.

"What's going on with Derek, one moment he lets me in on a surgery, and the other he's mean to me." I heard Meredith say and I turned around. I furrowed my eyebrows, Derek didn't seem in a very bad mood this morning, he looked pretty happy.

"Did you offend him in any way?" I asked and she gave me a look that clearly said no. "Okay, maybe his coffee was too weak and he's just tired?" I asked again but then remembered that Derek wasn't the person who needed a coffee to stay awake. "Maybe he just had a mood swing, he probably didn't mean what he said." I simply told Meredith and she nodded a second later.

"So, what really is happening to the two of you?" I asked. I knew most of the stuff from Derek but hearing my sister's side would be nice.

"Well, you know what happened yesterday..." she whispered and I sighed. It still bothered me that they broke the one, the only rule that I made for them.

"Yes, both of you should've been more careful, why in a car, you have a house!" It looked like Meredith was a bit surprised that I knew the sex details but she just shook it off.

"The house was filled with people, but in the car it was much quieter." Meredith hissed and I chuckled.

"You could've at least ride somewhere in the woods or something, that would've been more romantic." as I was giving her all the smarter opinion it was clear that she too was thinking about all the ways they could've avoided Dr. Bailey seeing them.

"Look, Bailey will probably give you a hard time at first, but at some point, she'll have to go with the fact that you two are in a relationship-"

"We are not in a relationship, I don't even know if I should still keep doing this." Meredith sighed. I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Mer, does it feel right, being with him?" I asked looking into her eyes, she slowly nodded. "Then why are you thinking about running for the hills, whenever it feels right you have to do it, even if it kills you." I smiled and walked away, leaving her to her thoughts.