| 35 |

Disclaimer: I don't even own the ice cream I'm eating right now, so there is no possible way for me to own Grey's Anatomy.

Sorry, I haven't edited this chapter.

"They don't see you the way I do."

-

"That's your diagnosis?" Derek asked bitterly. He was looking at me and Meredith as if we had actually done something to him other than telling the truth.

And truth to be told, I had no idea why had I agreed to go with Meredith to hear what Meredith's vet had to say about Doc.

I did care a lot about the dog, but being in a room with Derek and Meredith's boyfriend was something I would die to avoid, but here I am.

"Yes, he said bone cancer," assured Meredith.

"Yes, I heard him, I was double-checking." Derek spat back. I raised an eyebrow at the tone he was speaking in.

"I still need to do a bone scan to see how far it has spread, osteosarcomas are aggressive, but we can try to treat it with chemo or remove the tumor entirely," Finn explained. "If it's spread too far, we may have to amputate the limb."

From what I thought, it would be much easier to put Doc to sleep, he was too much in pain, he was hurting, and as hard it was to see a dog go it was their best choice.

"But at that point should we even try, he's hurting," I spoke up. Meredith looked at me, she knew that some part of what I had just said was true, but she just didn't want to let go.

"Oh right, let's just let him die," she told me. I looked down at my feet and kept quiet.

"I don't want him to suffer, Meredith." Derek agreed with me to which I was more than surprised.

"Right." was all Meredith said. She looked at me for help but I simply shrugged.

"It's your dog, Mer, do what you think is right." I gave her an assuring smile before picking myself up and leaving.

When I closed the door I felt someone following, I turned around to see that it was Derek. "Not now." I sighed and tried to get to my car in time.

"What, so you say that I disgust you and now you simply don't talk to me?" he yelled from afar. I closed my eyes trying not to burst out at him.

"No Derek, I'm not talking to you because you don't understand what have you done wrong," I answered quietly enough for him, and only for him to hear.