| 15 |

disclaimer: i might get back with my ex boyfriend, im pathetic, and i can't own grey's anatomy

Never in a hundred years would I have thought that someday, after all the pain and all the studying, I'd be out there buying my first personal scrub cap.

"A scrub cap has to be meaningful, right?" I said on the phone. Meredith has been having these weird freakouts where she would call me and say the word "seriously" so many times that I wanted to punch her. "Derek has ferry boats because he likes ferry boats, I should get something that I like."

"Do not mention that time, seriously!" Meredith replied. She was at home, grieving the tragic loss of McDreamy while she still could because she had to go to the hospital today, this will be her first time seeing him ever since the divorce papers, and that's why she was going crazy.

"How many times have we been over this, he's an idiot, you deserve better." that sentence is engraved in me now and that is truly depressing.

There were so many scrub caps I could choose from. I could do my favorite color, which was purple, but that would be too boring. I could do with one that had cats on, I love cats but that would be too practical. I needed something that made me feel something.

That's when I found it. It was a black scrub cap and it had purple azaleas on it. It was sentimental to me, for years, azaleas represented love to me, but now they represent betrayal and pain, all beautiful things.

Every break, Kaleb and I would sit down on the grass next to an azalea bush, it was our thing, and no one else at school would sit there because they knew it was our spot. When we ran away, on every special occasion, whether it be my birthday, Valentine's Day, or even Christmas, Kaleb would always gift me azaleas.

"I think I found the one." I breathed into my phone but Meredith wasn't listening, she was shouting again. Not wanting to hear her annoying yelling, I turned off my phone and examined the scrub cap closely.

It was a little ironic to have a scrub cap that reminded you of your ex who cheated on you, got a woman pregnant, and then died, but it had a nice story to it. Every time someone was going to ask me why I chose this scrub cap, I would be able to tell them and they would all be shocked. I liked that.

This was it. This was the right choice.

-

"Is it true about the porn patient?" Bailey asked, nearing me as if she wanted more information about the case than she wanted to admit to.

It was now almost noon, I came straight to the hospital after buying my scrub cap, I couldn't wait to try it out.

"It's scientifically proven helpful, it reliefs stress." I filled Miranda in, making her laugh as she headed back to her interns. I followed her, listening to her and hoping to hear something that said "surgery," because I wanted to wear my new scrub cap.