| 25 |

"If teardrops could be bottled, there'd be swimming pools filled with surgeons

"If teardrops could be bottled, there'd be swimming pools filled with surgeons."
-

"Hello, how is she?" Meredith asked the nurse that was looking over our mother. We decided to visit her together this time.

"She's great, she really lights up when Dr. Webber visits." the nurse answered. Shit.

Meredith and I turned our heads to see both of them happily laughing. Meredith slowly neared him. For all these years I've already buried the real reason why my father and my mother split, and I even tried to forget who Richard Webber was, and for all these years I succeeded.

As they were talking Meredith kept looking closely at them and it was clear that some part of her already knew.

I tapped on her shoulder and she turned around, then walked outside, I followed. "Did you see them?" she asked. "They looked so-...close, weirdly close."

"It's probably nothing, they were very good friends back in the day, he's just being nice." I lied, but Meredith didn't seem to quit as she started mumbling.

"But they looked-...off, didn't you see it?" she asked once again. I hated lying to her.

"No...I thought they looked like good friends." I said my words carefully knowing that if I say something wrong everything that happened all those years ago will be out of my mouth before I could catch my words. "Just drop it, Mer, we have to get to work, I heard that the nurses are still on a streak, so this is going to be fun." I awkwardly laughed and finally, Meredith listened to me and we drove to the hospital.

The yelling from the nurses could already be heard in the back of the parking lot. This whole week has been like this, but today all of them sounded much more dangerous and that was not a good sign.

Back when I was in medical school and still into some of the things I shouldn't have been using I thought I'll need to become a nurse seeing as I was behind all my classes, and now it didn't seem like a such a bad idea to become a nurse.

"I'll go first." I sighed and glanced at Meredith before walking down to the hospital. As expected got food throwing at me but somehow I got to escape at least half of it. Finally I stepped into the hospital and found my way to the dressing rooms.

After changing I went to get my charts to see that all of them were a big mess.

"Do you know why I stopped being a nurse?" Richard's assistant said, I looked up. "Doctors, doctors who don't know how to pitch in," she replied and walked away. I took two of the charts that weren't a complete mess and saw that Richard Webber was coming. I quietly slipped past Derek and Burke and walked away. I wanted to avoid Richard at all costs today.