| 1 |

disclaimer: i don't even own the bed im sleeping in right now, there's no way of me owning greys anatomy

-

I'm not sure why I'm doing at the moment. I had an opportunity and I leaped towards it. Richard Webber called me a couple of days ago saying that he had a job to offer me, I'm not sure if I'm ready for the whole story to be told, but I said yes to him.
I know we left things a little rocky back away but I'm here now, and I hope you're ready to listen.

I still love you very much, your sister.

-

the alarm went off at 5 in the morning and it had been some time since I'd woken up this early but today was going to be different, today's going to be my new start at a new life, a very much needed new start.
-

I stepped out of my car and sped up to the hospital, being late on your first day was not something to be proud of. Opening the doors I was met by the massive entrance of the hospital. Richard Webber was not joking when he told me what a great opportunity this could be for my studies.

After taking a look around I came back to life and walked toward the elevator that was just about to close before I slipped past the entrance and was met by at least seven faces staring down at me. I politely smiled at the lot of them and waited until we reached the top floor before walking outside and heading straight to the chief's office. It was impossible not to notice the office from a mile away since it was the only one that was rounded with glass windows all the way around, it also stood up since it was on the top floor and in the exact middle of it. It looked glamorous and very cozy.

Entering I saw that my soon-to-be chief was face down in paperwork and almost had no time to look up to notice me, when he did, however, he smiled up at me and greeted me with open arms. To say the least, it was weird seeing Richard after all these years, it was even weirder since I remembered only a little bit of him, like a flash in my memory since I was very young when I was introduced to him.
"Malia Grey, in the flesh." he stood up and shook my hand across the table before sitting back down and waiting for me to do so too.

"Hello." I awkwardly mumbled and felt myself get a little red. I was not sure how was I supposed to react with him being so friendly and welcoming, and also my boss.

Richard held his gaze on me for a while longer before letting go and taking out a piece of paper from his first drawer on the right. "Sadly, for you, I could only reserve two interns since the year has already begun, but I'm sure you'll manage it out being your mother's daughter," he added the last part with a knowing smile. I, however, gulped at the mention of my mother, Ellis Grey, but continued to smile, not wanting him to notice anything. "But if you ever need any more help I'm sure the other residents can lend a few interns."

"Yes, thank you very much." I thanked and was about to move on but stopped myself, remembering something that I needed to ask. "I was wondering, chief, of course, you do not need to make a decision right away, but if you're interested, or if you're looking, I was wondering if a position for a neurosurgery attending is open?" I stumbled over my own words, scared of rejection but the only expression I could manage out of Richard was confusion.

"I've read your file many times, I've seen what you can do, but in neuro, I was one hundred percent sure you were going for general surgery, this file contains all of your surgeries, and most of them are general surgeries, and they are exceptional." Richard continued on without asking the real question, but I knew what I was doing.

"I know it's a little new but I've been working in Virginia for the last year and I've made my decision final about neuro," I spoke, gathering as my confidence as I possibly could. "I have two files actually, and I'm sure you're reading my Boston file, but I can give you my file from Virginia, I took it with me." I started searching through my bag and took it out, giving it to Richard.

He didn't say anything for an amount of time while he read my Virginia file, but once he did look up, he looked up with a smile. "I will have a closer look at this later, Malia, that I promise you, and I will consider it."

"I appreciate it, Chief Webber." I sighed and turned around to leave before Richard stopped me.

"And if you're wondering where I've placed your sister, she's with a resident called Miranda Bailey," Richard told me and waited for me to nod before turning back to the papers he was signing before I came in.

-

I changed into my scrubs and did a quick introduction with my two interns before we headed off to work on our first patient.

"Alright, Mrs. Kim, I will now go get the lead neurosurgeon who I will assist in the OR for your surgery." I excused myself from the room and headed off to the chief's office for a bit of insight into the neurosurgery wings since I had no idea where it was even located, let alone who was the head of it.

"I am so sorry for the intrusion." I apologized the second I entered, Richard turned to look at me and I noticed that he was not the only one. There was a man with dark hair and round, blue eyes staring up at me, by the way, he held his head I could tell that he was someone important and also someone new to this hospital just like me. "I'm not sure where to find the neurosurgery wing and I need a lead neurosurgeon on the case I'm working on and I came here to ask if you could point me in the right direction?" I asked and Richard chuckled at me.

"You're in luck, young lady, the right direction is in front of you." Richard pointed his hand at the man. "Meet Derek Shepherd, our new head of neurosurgery." introduced Richard and Dr. Shepherd stood up to shake my hand which I gladly did.
"Malia Grey, Dr. Grey." I coughed and waited for his reaction, which I soon after got.

"Grey, as in Ellis Grey?" he asked and I nodded, the sick feeling taking over my whole body as I watched him stare at me in awe, probably thinking of all the ways he could get to my mother, and the secrets of her power, or maybe that was just my imagination.

"She's my mother," I replied, hating the attention I was given at the moment but knowing that this is not the first or the last time that this will happen. Derek must have seen on my face that this was a rough subject that I did not wish to chat away at, and he changed it.

"Alright, Dr. Grey, let's go see our patient."

-

askekksjdej. literally, the only reason i edited this chapter was because i felt bad for disappointing you guys. i love you guys and i want you to enjoy this story as much as possible.
thank you for all the support and see you in the next chapter!!