| 6 |

disclaimer: all i want for christmas is no
online school — ever again.

disclaimer: all i want for christmas is no online school — ever again

"Meredith, is something wrong?" I asked, stepping out of Meredith's car. I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. Something was going on, something has been wrong for some time now, I could sense it, but every time I brought it up, Meredith would just push me away and say nothing.

"Why would you ask that, I'm fine!" Meredith replied a little too firmly and picked up her pace as we walked towards the entrance of the hospital. She kept her gaze on the road down at her and I knew that pushing her wouldn't get me anywhere. I dropped the subject and went to catch up with her.

"Hey, you are doing your first heart surgery today, lighten up!" I chuckled and shook Meredith by the shoulders, making her shrug me off and give me a small smile telling me that she's lightened up so that I would stop bothering you. "And don't you dare forget to tell me everything about it!" I yelled after her as we walked into the hospital and went our separate ways.

"Look who is eating salad — again." I gave Derek a look once I caught up with him. He shrugged and continued to eat it. "Don't you get bored?"

"Salad is healthy, you should try something other than coffee," he replied and his eyed fell on the coffee cup I was holding in my right hand.

"Coffee is the only thing that helps me stay awake, it's the only thing I need." I simply answered and sipped from the coffee cup. It was true, I can't imagine my life without coffee at this point.

"Have you seen Meredith?" Derek changed the subject to his now favourite one. It's really hard to find a man these days that is so obsessed with talking about you, but there he is. "I heard she's doing a heart surgery today — do you remember the last time you held a heart?"

"Yeah I do, it was last year, my fourth year at residency, that was before I realized that my specialty is and always will be neuro." I said and he nodded. If there was one thing both of us could go on talking about for hours it's neurosurgery, because that was something both of us loved.

"Yeah, I wonder how she's doing..." he went on. He seems so happy these last few weeks. I knew that what they both were doing was not exactly great, but as Derek's friend I had to support him.

It didn't take long for us to catch Meredith. She walked right past us with George O'Malley, not even stopping to say hello.

"How was it, did you feel the rush of adrenaline?" Derek asked, his face lighting up immediately when he saw Meredith. Meredith, however, didn't even look at him nor me, she just kept her glance down as she entered the elevator.