| 41 |

Disclaimer: I don't have enough money saved up for summer to won Grey's Anatomy

"They don't see you as I do."

•-•-•

I was about to put Scarlett to bed when I heard someone knocking at my door downstairs. What is it with my guest, that they all come by at midnight?

But I went to open the door anyway, maybe I got lucky and it was Mark. But as I crept down the wooden stairs after kissing Scarlett goodbye, this weird feeling erupted in my body. Why did I feel like this, why did I feel like if I open that door I'll get hurt?

But luckily for me, or so I thought, when I opened the door I saw Derek Shepherd in the doorway. He seemed really suppressed by something. "Hey, couldn't you have called?" I asked immediately as he let himself in.

"I wanted to tell you that Benjamin died and-" he didn't get to explain the other thing because I interrupted him.

"He died, oh...poor Ruth, that's horrible," I said, feeling sorry for the sick guy's sister, she was a very sweet and loving woman. "But go on." I allowed him to continue.

"And I decided it was a good idea to go and apologize to Addison, but when I got there you'll never guess who I found there?" when I saw his expression, which he used only on one person on this planet, my heart started to race and I felt the need to grab a seat, but I just stood there, waiting for him to say the word, and force myself not to cry when I hear it.

"A half-naked Mark coming out of the shower," murmured Derek and I could see it in his eyes, he looked hurt too, his now ex-wife had slept with the guy who ruined his marriage twice!

I didn't cry, I didn't let one tear escape my eyes, I mean, it was my fault. How could I ever think that Mark Sloan felt something for the fragile Malia Grey? How could I have been so stupid to think it even meant something?

"You want to talk about it?" I asked, showing no other emotion whatsoever. It took him a minute before Derek finally nodded and we made our way to the kitchen, I immediately went to make some tea for the both of us.

"You know, before all this-..all this drama, Mark was the kind of man women could only dream of, he never cared for attention that much, he just wanted to find the one." Derek started. As much as I just wanted to tell him to shut up about Mark, I let him continue. "But a few months before I found out about Addison and him, he started to act a bit strange, I thought that maybe he finally decided to enjoy his life a little, but I guess he just wanted to get close to his best friend's wife, to get her attention." scoffed Derek.

I stayed quiet as a mouse, there was no way I could even say that man's name today without breaking down, right now I was sad, tomorrow I'll be angry, and the day after that I'll be sad again, I've been through this circle with Kaleb many times before.