I glared at Capsian. "So much for secrets, Cas."

"I can't believe you didn't invite me. What happened to us being partners in crime?" Daxon looked at me offended.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, you stick out like a flame in the night with your red hair and fiery fingers."

"I can keep them extinguished if you want," Daxon said in a sex-laced voice.

I swallowed...twice, before muttering. "Let's go."

We made our way to the completely darkened part of campus where the library was located.

Daxon whistled lowly while walking with his hands in his pockets. "You know, they say that the library was built on ancient ground. They say if you look hard enough, secret passages are lined all the way around campus."

I glared at him before putting a silencing bubble around us. "This isn't a movie, Dax."

"Obviously not or else we'd have a sick soundtrack to this mission."

I rolled my eyes, making my way around the moss coated stone building, towards the window I left slightly cracked earlier today. "Shit," I cursed, trying to slide open the now locked window.

"This was your plan?" Daxon asked in a tone that could rival Colt's arrogant attitude.

"Don't listen to him. We found another entrance in case this didn't work out," Caspian said, giving me an apologetic look.

I grumbled my displeasure before following after them. We walked along the side of the old stone wall of the library, towards a smaller building hidden in the back.

Caspian walked over, looking up at a window that was higher up off the ground. I was going to ask him how he planned on opening it until I noticed the way he was standing. Still. So still. It didn't even look like he was breathing.

I watched as the window unlocked, the sound echoing in the quiet night. "Did you just-"

"Hop on up, firecracker," Daxon said, holding his hands together to boost me up.

I looked back to the window where Caspian was climbing through. I shook my head, blaming it on my mentally insane mind.

"I can do it on my own you know," I said, ignoring Daxon's hands and reaching to grab the window sill.

"Yeah, but those little legs aren't going to do much," Daxon said before practically launching me through the window.

Caspian helped me down like the gentleman that he is. Daxon's smug face came through the window seconds later, making me narrow my eyes. "For your information, 5'4 is a normal height for women."

That smirk grew so wide I clenched my teeth. "Yeah, for human women."

"You little-" I stumbled, cutting my words off as Caspian dragged me down the dusty corridor. "Where are we?"

"It's the only entrance not warded. It hasn't been used in decades," Caspian said, flicking on a flashlight. Shit, I didn't even think of bringing one. I'm officially the worst criminal.

"I can tell," I muttered, looking at the disused torches along the walls.

"We found the blueprints for the library from when they did some renovations a while back. Headmaster Oxford keeps them on the bookshelf in his office," Daxon said, putting the palm of his hand on my back as he held me close.

Caspian snorted. "The wards are placed on the main library entrances mainly just so students won't vandalize the place at night. They don't expect any students to actually think about stealing books."