Bonus: Drunk Memories with Haymitch

third person POV - the 73RD Games

Both Haymitch and Ryne were completely loaded on alcohol after both of their tributes had died. It was down to the final few and Ryne simply gave up on remaining sober. Finnick kept a close eye on the two drunk friends considering they were known to cause trouble when drunk.

"Look at the flagpoles!!" Ryne yells with excitement as she runs over to the two flag stands where the symbol of the Capitol and Panem grace the flags at the top.

"Sword fight." Haymitch says with wide eyes as he breaks into a grin. The two quickly rip the poles from their stands and begin to drunkenly sword fight.

"I'm gonna beat you. I am the best." Haymitch stumbles over his words. The other victors ignore the screen that shows the games in action to focus on the entertainment from Ryne and Mitch. The two make their way over to the center of the room and all the victors have a clear view of the sad sword fight under way.

"You are a loser Mitch. We know this." Ryne slurs back just as she slips on a pillow that had fallen to the ground. She fell to her butt letting out a shriek and dropping the thin pole onto the floor with a clatter. Haymitch doubles over with laughter as the rest of the victors snicker at the antics of the two drunks.

"Ryne, love come here." Finnick pleads with Ryne who remains sitting on the floor and pouting like a child.

"He pushed me. He needs to be grounded. Or put in a timeout." Ryne slurs pointing an accusing finger at a laughing Haymitch.

"Love, please come sit with me." Finnick says again, trying to keep Ryne safe from herself at this point. Jo puts a hand on his shoulder giving him a look of pity.

"She is so drunk. That's your problem." Jo states trying to hide the laughter building in her throat.

"Love, please." Finnick says and Ryne turns to face Finnick. Her eyes light up at the sight of him and she gives him a goofy smile.

"Pick me up." Ryne argues with pleading eyes and a kids coice and Finnick sighs before standing from his seat and going over to Ryne who holds her arms up like a child would for their parents. Finnick lifts her up into his arms and gets her situated bridal style in his arms before he sits down next to Jo again on the couch. Ryne tucked her head into Finnick's chest and the laughter from Haymitch still filled the room. He was absolutely out of it.

Ryne sat in Finnick's lap hugging his neck as she watched Haymitch march around the room with his flagpole pretending to be a knight. Haymitch walked over to Ryne and instinctively Finnicks grip on her got tighter.

"Come join me fellow Knight." Haymitch said in a fake accent that no one could place and Ryne laughed at him. She tried to get up but Finnick held her down.

"Let me go. I am needed by this Knight." Ryne states in a very serious manner as she looks at Finnick.

"Love, please let's be calm now." Finnick pleads but its no use.

"Your boyfriend is ruining our fun." Haymitch complains throwing his head back and whining. Finnick gulped at Haymitch's words and everyone looked to see what Ryne would say. She simply giggles and squirms in Finnicks arms.

"My boyfriend is not ruining our fun!" Ryne says playfully to Haymitch and Finnick is surprised at her choice of words. "Wait, do I have a boyfriend? Who is my boyfriend Finn? Is it you?" Ryne then asks and Finnick chuckles awkwardly as all eyes are on him. Before he can answer her she has escaped his arms and is standing beside Haymitch, marching around the room shouting absurd orders of the walls.